TGIF! Greetings, How is your weather?

Rabbit

:coffee:TGIF! Greetings, How is your weather? difficult child 2 is going in a field trip to the movies today. He has been up since 3am Hope everyone has a GREAT day and weekend. 50 degrees and rain here. Hugs Rabbit:D

Wiped Out

Staff member
Happy Friday All!

husband decided he felt too tired and wanted to skip boot camp this morning. I too readily agreed. I should probably get up and go to the health club near my house but maybe after school because the idea of a few extra zzzzzzzzzzz's sounds good to me.

We're a bit chilly here today. Right now it is 28 degrees-brrrrrrr. We are only going to reach 40 for a high. The good thing is by tomorrow we are suppose to be back up to 50.

Had a nice evening last night as husband and I decided we needed to get out of the house so we headed to the book store and then went out to get a drink.

After work today it's either the club or a nap (would be nice to figure out how to get both in).

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

H

HaoZi

Got the kiddo dressed, but she's back in bed. Hate these cold mornings, I should go warm up the truck.

Marguerite

G'day, people.

Rabbit, it's good to 'see' your smiling face this morning.

Sharon/WO, I don't blame husband for chickening out of boot camp in the cold and damp. Sometimes a good sleep in is good for you too.

Haozi, have you ever threatened, AND followed through, with taking your kid to school still in their PJs? We only ever had to do it once...

Weather here - quite cool today, back to almost winter clothing. I had to dress fairly formally, we were doing interviews today at difficult child 3's school. I got asked to be on more staff selection panels coming up - it's really getting busy! We had arranged for difficult child 3 to have some lessons today on exam technique and essay writing. Not sure how much sunk in. He also has to get his computing studies course work completed over the weekend, plus put in some study for exams on Monday and Tuesday.

Also today, we saw difficult child 3's therapist and my chiropractor again. Shoulder is slowly improving. difficult child 3 drove in to the city and back, he's getting very confident with his driving.

Tomorrow we take easy child 2/difficult child 2 to her surgeon appointment. Wish us luck, we hope he will organise a surgery appointment soon. Very soon. After the appointment, I have a writers meeting and she has a picnic with her husband's family. Here's hoping they have fine weather - the picnic is in a local park famous for its beautiful gardens. Very English atmosphere, sort of "Royal Garden Party" feel, but without having to dress up for it.

After a busy week, I am ready for an early night. I have to be out early in the morning, so here's hoping... but at least when I go out tomorrow, I can grab a few minutes nap here or there, while waiting. It's amazing how restorative that can be!

Enjoy your Friday.

Marg

Good Morning Everyone:coffee:,

Rabbit, Hope you haven't been up with difficult child 2 since 3 a.m also! It's in the fifties here and raining too - Definitely the kind of day I want to crawl back under the covers...

Sharon (WO), Glad you and husband went out last night:D.

HaoZi, Hope your daughter got back out of bed in time to get to school without being late.... Hope the rest of your day goes much better!

husband and I had a fun evening:wine::spaghetti::wine:... When we picked up difficult child 2 at the library on the way home, we asked him about his night. Although he enjoyed his evening researching monkeys (his favorite activity), we could tell he was angry that we didn't invite him to join us at dinner. Too bad!!! He'll get over it... And, if he doesn't, it's not our problem!!! We're already planning where we'll go next Thursday evening:D...

Although I really need to jog this morning after last night's meal, I'm not heading outside in the rain. Instead, I'll do some of the cleaning I didn't finish yesterday. It's got to burn a few of those extra calories, lol...

Speaking of food, difficult child 2 begins his after school cooking class today. Hopefully, he'll enjoy it...

Heading to the kitchen for some more caffeine. Hope everyone has a good day and a great weekend!!! SFR:coffee:

Good Morning Marg,

Glad to hear your shoulder is finally beginning to feel a bit better:D! Keeping my fingers crossed all goes well at difficult child 2/easy child 2's surgeon's appointment and that the surgery happens ASAP!!! I hope she enjoys the picnic - Sounds like a beautful place... Hope the weather is perfect for it!!! SFR

H

HaoZi

Marg, she always got the clothes on before I could, lol.

SFR - we did, she wasn't too awake but she was upright, walking, and fully clothed.

Hair is our last thing in the morning, and one of her worst things, she treats combs, brushes, etc, as torture devices. Wait too long to let me take my time with the detangler and be gentle (this often involves much whining and banshee wails even if I put it up in a braid at night to minimize knots) and you go to school with your hair looking like a wreck. She may not care much now being only in 4th grade, but come middle school I think she'll start caring. Poor kid is tender-headed and prone to tangling in a half-breath of a breeze, just like her mother. :p