TGIF....thank God!!

Californiablonde

It's been a really rough week, with work stress and difficult child's ulcers acting up. Neither one of us has been sleeping well. I've been getting these darn stress headaches every day. I am so glad the weekend is almost here. It is my birthday Sunday so tomorrow my mom will be taking me out to lunch. My boyfriend will be taking me out to dinner. Nothing fancy. We are going to Hometown Buffet. Neither one of us have been there and they have ribs right now, which we both love. I will be cheating on my diet big time. I'm only allowed 26 points a day, and just the ribs alone are 25 points. That doesn't even include any side dishes or dessert. I've decided to say screw my diet for one day and eat what I want. I know I may pay for it later, but there's no way I'm going to pass up on ribs, potatoes, and dessert. I am looking forward to it. I am counting down the hours till I leave work. 5 and a half hours to go. So what is everybody else doing this weekend?

InsaneCdn

Hint on that supper... minimize the starches, and you might not end up too bad off. Starches + sugars = bigger challenge. I'd enjoy the ribs with a SMALL amount of potato, and then enjoy dessert. But that's just me.

Californiablonde

I am planning on having just one side dish and one dessert. Small portions, of course. If they have macaroni and cheese I will have that instead of the potatoes. I am going to my weight watcher's meeting tomorrow morning before going out to lunch, so I'm sure whatever I find out about my weight will heavily influence what I eat later in the day. I haven't been weighed in three weeks so I am anxious to see if I lost anything. I had a migraine one weekend and I had to pick up easy child another weekend so I never made it to a meeting those couple of weeks. I totally cheated on Labor Day weekend due to stress eating. I was so stressed out about going back to work that I used an excuse to overeat. I am sure regretting it now. This week I have been super strict to make up for it, but I don't know if that will make a difference. I am just hoping I didn't gain anything. I still have 30 pounds to go and it seems like it will take me forever to get there.

InsaneCdn

Progress. You didn't gain that weight in 10 weeks... so you can't really lose it in 10 weeks either.
It WILL come off.

Californiablonde

I am trying not to get too impatient. difficult child cheats left and right and is dropping off three and four pounds a week. I am usually pretty strict and I lose a pound or a pound and a half. She is blessed with a 15 year old's metabolism and I just have to keep telling myself that. Oh and the coworker who called me fat last year? Out of all people she's the only one at work who noticed I lost weight. I am just grateful somebody noticed. My mom says she can tell I lost weight too so I guess that's something to be grateful for.

It's your birthday, maybe you can "save up" some points from another day. You should celebrate a little, enjoy your day. Have a few ribs within reason. Today is my birthday and I am going to see 2 movies with 2 coupons for a free movie on my birthday. husband bought me flowers, I am just glad I'm healthy and my children are fine. TGIF ...Monday is the first day of school. I'm so excited, I can't wait to meet my students. I really love my job.
Losing weight is really, really hard. It doesn't matter if more people haven't noticed, they will soon and I'm really proud of you. I'm also really proud of your difficult child....really, I think it's harder for a teenager to do that. Good for her! Enjoy your birthday...every minute of it.

Californiablonde

Work actually forgot about my birthday this year. In the seven and a half years I've been here that's never happened to me before. Usually everybody signs a card and they all sing happy birthday but they forgot. Oh well, at least I have other people who are acknowledging it and I still feel special.