Thank goodness for Obamacare!

Kathy813

Staff member
Update: difficult child is going to one of the residential treatment centers recommended by both therapists. It is a dual diagnosis program. difficult child is going with a terrible attitude and shows no willingness to accept help or get clean. It is just one more thing that we are "making" her do. She said the place that she is going is "only one step up from a government program." Seriously? She is a penniless alcoholic/drug addict and she is being a snob?

The last thing difficult child said before husband hung up on her was that the place she wanted to go was only $33,000.

:hamwheelsmilf:

And around and around we go.

~Kathy

BusynMember

Put it this way. If you want to get clean, you will, no matter what type of facility you are in or if you are in no facility at all. We joked about the spas for addicts. My guess is they have the same success/failure rate as any rehab. Further, I'd like to know the stats of people who got clean at rehab and those who just did it on their own or in support groups. To me, it's the will that matters or else the person isn't going to be listening or applying skills learned anyway.

I still think I"m going to pretend I'm an addict to spend a weak in that paradise in Malibu ;)