Thank goodness she made it!

Nancy

I held my breath all day. Last day of high school, senior prank day, worried all day she would do something to get suspended.

The day is over and she made it. Of course it helped that she has no car, I drove her to her class at the community college and then to school at 10:30 and she had nothing in her hands other than her folder so she couldn't bring anything into school. I checked progress book all day to see if she was marked absent or her teachers wrote any notes and they didn't.

Tomorrow she just goes in to pick up her cap and gown and we are done!!!

You have no idea how relieved we are. On second thought I think you do know.

Nancy

lovemysons

Oh Nancy, that is SO awesome!!!

I just think it's monumental when one of our difficult child's actually makes it allllllllllll the way through school with a diploma in hand.

Your whole family should be very proud of themselves.
Hugs and love,
Tammy

Penta

Getting that high school diploma feels like such a victory...take pride that you have given your daughter 18 years of a loving family home. Now with diploma in hand, it is up to her.

everywoman

I know this feels like such a let down and not what you imagined when you held that baby close to 18 years ago. But, you have been a good mother. Without you, she wouldn't be getting a chance to move on in life. Celebrate your accomplishment even if she won't let you celebrate hers.

slsh

member since 1999
:woohoo:Nancy - Congratulations! It may not be how you hoped/dreamed it would be, but you know what a huge accomplishment it is for her to be graduating. It was never a given that she would - it never is for any of our kids, I think. She at least has that under her belt, and thank goodness.

You and husband have done a fantastic job. There's no question you have given her a solid base. In spite of whatever choices she has made or will make, you *know* that you have taught and modeled how to be a responsible adult. It's up to her what she chooses to do with it. Hopefully she will eventually make better choices.

Again, congrats to you and husband and to difficult child as well. It was a heck of a marathon. ;)

N

Nomad

Congrats! What a relief! She has a high school diploma and this might help her in many ways. Ditto to what Penta said.

svengandhi

She has a HS diploma. I know there were times when I despaired that my son would get his.

Sometimes they take longer to grow up. I am now begging my son to enroll at community college because it will be cheaper than buying him a health insurance policy when he turns 19 in July.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Nancy, I'm so glad that difficult child has made it to graduation. Of course, you & husband were the ultimate parents in getting her to this day.

You should be proud & I'd like to see a picture of you wearing that cap as well. :yourock:

busywend

Wahoo!! I totally know the feeling. I am holding my breathe that my difficult child doesn't do something to risk graduating.

Enjoy the relief!!!!

Star*

call 911........call 911
You've gotten her to graduation day?

I think you should go buy yourself something big, sparkly and tcw +2

CONGRATULATIONS MOM~~~~~ YOU TOTALLY ROCK!

CONGRATULATIONS difficult child!!!!!!! GRADUATE OF 2009!!

recovering doormat

Lapsed CDer
My difficult child 1 graduated on time with her peers last June and it was such a high for all of us. There were times when I really didn't think she'd make that milestone.

Congratulations, and I hope she will continue onward and upward! Pat yourself on the back, mom, and dad too.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Nancy, fyi, 7 seniors were arrested and in jail for their senior pranks. Their parents are upset that the kids won't attend graduation ceremonies especially since relatives are coming from out of town.

Glad your difficult child wasn't one of them.