Thank you all for all the bead rattling ~ didn't work this time around....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
the county attorney's office has declined the commitment request. psychiatrist is going to do his best to keep kt in the hospital for as long as he can ~ she is a significant danger (however not an immediate) to herself.

Just don't know what to say or who to say it to.

T

TeDo

I am sooooo sorry sweetie. I HATE it when people just don't get how much help some of our kids need just to survive. I'm glad you've got the psychiatrist on your side at least. I really wish there was something we can do to help.

Take care of yourself. You have and are traveling a VERY difficult road and I am sending all the extra strength I can muster your way.

buddy

I am so sad for you. Glad the doctor is being as supportive as he can be. So she can decide to leave when she wants to? Do you think he can convince her to stay??? It is scary that they dont see how in need she is. Will continue my prayers for you and KT

DDD

I so very sorry, Linda. You have been a completely dedicated WM for eighteen years. I fervently hope that you can, somehow, focus your strengths on Linda. Hugs DDD

Tiapet

Old Hand
I'm sorry TM. I know it must be terribly frustrating for you. I wonder if there are any mental health advocates in your area that might be able to help you in finding a way to get this to work? Such as NAMI or the likes? It's great having the doctor but the more people who may have knowledge of a little know loophole the better. {hugs}

cubsgirl

I'm so very sorry too....I don't know what to say...it's hard to believe they cannot see that kt needs to stay in hospital.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
:sigh:

I'll continue to rattle anyway, because you never know when someone might have a lightbulb moment. Now, though, I am adding in a prayer that it will be ASAP!!!!!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I'm sorry Linda. I too will continue to pray and rattle beads that someone comes to their senses and recognizes the need.

What will happen if she's released? Will she go home to you?

donna723

Linda, I'm just sick about this! I don't claim to understand all the legalities behind it but how can the county attorney claim to know more about her mental health issues and what's best for her than her mother and her doctors do? It seems like if her doctors say that she should be hospitalized for her own protection, then that should be IT!

JJJ

I hope the appeal is quick and in Kt's favor. How that judge doesn't understand that she NEEDS committment :headbang:

Tiapet

Old Hand
I don't understand this, the justification of why or how they could deny it. Forgive me as I'm not sure where you are located. I thought that if a dr says that a person needs this then that's what should be, of course unless it's an adult you are trying to commit then you have to go to court but even still with the help of a dr who knows said person who is displaying the proper criteria. I am really confused on how this can be. I must be missing something. :(

InsaneCdn

TL... the interesting thing with board JuJu is that it may be working even if we don't get the exact results we wanted... Mayby board juju is helping the psychiatrist keep her in for "long enough" to either have more reason to keep her longer, or have more reason to go back to the court...

So... I think the rest of us should keep sending more board power your way. It isn't over yet.

{{hugs}}
Hope you can get some rest.