Thank you all for "geting it"...

DDD

Yeah it does have to do with SA. I'm so desperately praying that he can take a big step fprward toward manhood. Our s.a. young adults have such a hard time trying to be "normal". He is talking about going to school to be come a barber BUT having his OWN home comes firtst. I am strssed, guys. Hugs DDD

PS: Yeah, I "know" he was suppose to be a leader and a genius among men. I just want to know he is safe and ahppy. Whine. DDD

Wakegirl

Funny you mention that. I was snooping in my difficult child's room when I got home this evening, and came across a journal that he started a few days ago (which was impressive that he even started one). In it, he mentions how bad he just wants to be normal...that he is screaming on the inside...but he just doesn't know where or how to start. He knows he's burned so many bridges, and it's up to him to make it or break it. I can only imagine that drug use can make one feel like a lost soul, when they aren't high on whatever. After reading that, I so wanted to take his hand and tell him, for the 1,377th time, that I can guide him to the answers that could possibly help him. But, I know he won't listen to me. I'm just mom, and I'm a broken record.

Many hugs to you. I'll pray with you that our difficult child's take a big step forward towards manhood....SOON!

DDD

Thanks, Wakegirl. It is such an exhausting journey trying to "guide" but also keep "hands off". I, personally, am just plain pooped from walking the tightrope. Having a girlfriend in the mix (who is NOT my cup of tea) makes it more complicated. on the other hand, and very very truthfully, easy child/difficult child ALSO would not be MY cup of tea is I didn't love him to death and hadn't raised him. Sigh. DDD

S

Signorina

on the other hand, and very very truthfully, easy child/difficult child ALSO would not be MY cup of tea is I didn't love him to death and hadn't raised him. Sigh.

That's the truth. You see the old him and just when you are ready to cry uncle - a look on his face, or a twinkle in his eye or some glimmer reminds you that maybe, just maybe the old him is still a spark that can be kindled...and even if not...he still has your heart. I get it.

Nancy

Oh boy DDD do I get what you are saying!!! He will always remember the support you gave him and some day it WILL make a huge difference in his life.

rejectedmom

Awwwwwwww DDD I understand. Sometimes it has to be enough for us to just know that we tried. Even when we feel like we have been beating out heads against a wall we still try. We operate on hope that eventually something will click within them. And it just might and that will be great... even if it is after we are gone. RM