Thank you all

everywoman

for the well wishes for our anniversary.

We had a great time, although I did have one (or two) too many Royal Flushes---darn things, they are so smooth you just don't know until you go to stand up.

husband got me a set of Tahitian Black Peacock Pearls---necklace, earrings, and bracelet. It was too cute; he found out that the "tradition" was to give copper---so he had everything placed into individual copper boxes. They are beautiful.

I gave him a flat screen tv. The tv in our family room we bought 20 years ago. It kept dying right in the middle of NCIS...so I got a really good deal on one at Wallyworld---it was missing the powercord so they gave it to me for 40% off. An $8 powercord from Radio Shack fixed that issue.

Thanks for the well wishes. As my father-in-law used to say---It's been a time; it's been a good time!

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
You know, speaking from an absolutely heterosexual point of view, you are a very yummy type of woman, attractive, smart, tough, FUNNY and educated! Your husband is lucky to have you. You deserve it all. I am trying to emulate your philosophy as I understand it, decide life is good and keep on believing things will work out.

Why is it so hard for one woman to admire the assets of another without feeling weird about it?

TerryJ2

Wow, neat! I'm so glad you had a good time and you two were able to exchange fantastic gifts, too.
Having just returned from Hawaii (Maui) I actually know what Tahitian peacock pearls look like. VERY nice!
Congratulations and wishes for many more yrs of wedded bliss ahead!

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Very cool AND I agree with 3Shadows description of you - you're the best & it was an honor to meet you & your husband.

everywoman

Thanks ladies---I have grown so much through my relationships on this board...10 years ago, I did not think I deserved this. Now I understand that I am blessed and I appreciate every moment and every event...when something bad happens, I look for the good...because there is always good somewhere. It sounds a little pollyannish, but it has worked for me. I am in such a good place in my life. Positive thoughts bring positive actions.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Add me as another fan, EW. I'm so glad that your anniversary went well. Kudos to both of you.

Suz

Star*

call 911........call 911
Three shadows - I'm so straight I make a ruler look crooked and I told her she was sexy - and she has sexy glasses. ;)

Yes, I agree EW - your husband is VERY lucky to have a woman like you!

ESPECIALLY one that can negotiate for 40% off a television because of a lost cord and fix the problem with an $8.00 cord at RadioShack- WOW:surprise: I bow to the saver of the buck!

Glad to hear you had a lovely time -