thank you all

kris

<span style='font-size: 11'> <span style='font-family: Georgia'> <span style="color: #000099"> for your kind concern.

as you've all heard i've been having a bit of a rough go of it. spent two very long weeks in hospital. resultant dxs: coronary heart disease, congestive heart disease, end stage kidney disease. oh & i discovered this week that i had some TIAs going on as well.

i got in trouble because i did not qualify for either medicaid or medicare/disability & there was absolutely no money for trips to docs. now i'm medicaid/medicare pending & the fact that i'm on dialysis changes the picture dramatically. of course if they had just covered me in the first place they could have saved a raft of money.....GAH!

so now i am on dialysis every monday, wednesday & friday for three + hours. one would think that dialysis makes you feel ever so much better, but not so much. i'm like an over cooked noodle the entire day. i get home & sleep for hours then remain too tired to eat or get on the treadmill (the apt complex has a small gym for the tenants). on the other hand, non~dialysis days are not so bad.

i've lost about 35lbs. they want me to regain some & constantly nag me to eat more protein. i'm trying to find a balance between all three diets.....diabetic, cardiac & renal & they don't always sinc well.

budget is unbelievably strained mainly due to transportation expenses to get to dialysis.....$120/mo which most certainly was not on our financial agenda. i'm just hoping if i get medicaid they will pick up the expense which is a possibility. the other possibility is IF i get disability & get a monthly payment i can use that. in the meantime, i'm super stressed about all this.

so overall i'm feeling better but there are some mega stressors.

i'm not spending all that much time on the computer. certainly not on dialysis days. i do pop in & read once or twice a week tho.

again thank you for the PMs, emails, & concern. made me feel well loved.

kris
</span> </span> </span>

There's my butterfly girl. We missed you so.

I am so sorry to hear of your health issues. You are in my prayers. God bless you, and hope you have a wonderful holiday.

Fran

Former desparate mom
kris, I'm glad that you are able to let us know how you are doing. I'm sure all of this has to be a stressor. I hope the financial supports come into play soon. Unfortunately worry doesn't change much.
In the meantime, eat,eat!

Abbey

Spork Queen
Ah, Kris...not much I can say other than HUGS. You know you have thousands on this end that are thinking of you.

Abbey

Star*

call 911........call 911
So Mother of dancing kid -

Dialysis, and weight loss, and heart problems? I'm asking Santa to send you a (break) for KRISmas. For the days you don't feel well - here's an extra hug and some love. For the days you do feel well- here's an extra hug and some love, and a candy bar.

Thanks for letting us know how you are.
Hugs & Love
Star

F

flutterbee

Oh, Kris ((((((((((((big hugs)))))))))))))))

The heart and the kidneys are closely linked in these diseases.

I'm sending you all the good juju I have.

Lots of love :miseltoe:

kris

<span style='font-size: 11'> <span style='font-family: Georgia'> <span style="color: #000099"> thanks, everyone.

heather, i've read about your battle with-coronary artery disease with-great interest. it's exhausting, isn't it? the one positive about the dialysis is that it helps keep my BiPolar (BP) under control. as a matter of fact they d/c'd two of my three hypertension medications because i was running way too low :smile:.

i'm trying to work myself up to 30 mins./day on the :treadmill:. it's slow going. sigh.

kris
</span> </span> </span>

DDD

Glad for the update Kris. Are both kids still living at home?
For your sake...I hope so. They are such great people. I have
not been saying daily prayers for you but I assure you I have
sent warm caring thoughts and some prayers your way. Keep up the
good work. I can only imagine how difficult it must be. DDD

Estherfromjerusalem

Kris, I am so sorry to read about your health problems. I don't understand how health insurance works in the USA, but I surely hope it gets sorted out very soon for you.

I'm wishing you the very best, and thinking about you.

Love, Esther

Kathy813

Staff member
kris,

I think of you often. Thanks for the update! Keep up the good work on the treadmill.

~Kathy

Ephchap

Kris,

It's great to "see" you. I'm so sorry for all you're going through. The system doesn't make sense at all, I totally agree. Hang in there, and keep getting stronger!

Sending hugs and prayers that you continue to get better,
Deb

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
It took a long time to get to this point and it will take time to get better. I'm sure it's difficult, but try not to get discouraged, Kris. I'm really sorry to hear you've had such a rough go lately.

Take care.

Suz

Wiped Out

Staff member
Kris,
I've really missed you. Sorry to hear about your health problems. Adding you into my prayers. Hugs.

G

guest3

praying for uniterrupted rest under His Wing sweet one, I am sending prayers of healing for you

TerryJ2

Kris, thank you for your update.
I am so sorry you're going through all this. I can hardly imagine how exhausted you must be. I'm glad there IS such a thing as dialysis, and there ARE medications, but even so, that's hardly a consolation.
I'm sending hugs and strength and energy your way.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Kris

I'm so glad you dropped in. Sorry to hear about the health issues. The system stinks royally. Might want to call your welfare dept. sometimes they help with transportation to dialysis. If they would, it would certainly take some strain off.

husband finally got insur and I'm getting ready to make an appoint for the nephrologist myself. Need to go, but not really anxious to hear what he has to say. (sure you know what I mean there) It's been a very long time and my kidneys were in horrible shape then, much worse now.

Hang in there. You're in my prayers. Miss you!

:gingerbread: