Thank you and an update on baby Nevaeh

Mom2oddson

Thank you for all the prayers and support. Baby Nevaeh is coming home today. She's doing great now. The brain scans showed no damage or anything. According to Ant, they were told that some medicine that she received in the nursery caused all the problems.

Again, Thank You Very Much!!!

Marguerite

I am so glad she's OK. It is so easy for things to go wrong. mother in law was an obstetric nurse many years ago, senior in her department. One day when mother in law was not even at the hospital, a nurse was making up bottles of baby formula and mistakenly used salt (left there for cleaning bottle teats) and not powdered milk. Babies died and because mother in law was in charge, even though she had not been on shift, she had to appear to give evidence. Since ten procedure has been changed and for decades now, our hospitals have not made up formula on site. I remember when easy child was born, the bottles of formula were kept, pre-made up, sealed, in the fridge. Nurses checked and double-checked each bottle. And that wasn't even the same hospital!

Here's hoping some changes will be made to avoid a mistake happening again.

Marg

susiestar

Roll With It
I am thrilled that baby Nevaeh is doing wonderfully now. I hope the medication is changed so it cannot cause problems like this. I have heard horror stories about heparin being misread and causing huge problems. I hope that it isn't something like that.