Thank you Beth and Linda

Star*

call 911........call 911
Ahhhhh it's lovely when you're a woman - and can say things like.....

LET ME SHOW YOU THE PICTURES of my girlfriends' bathrooms - they just started their remodel and have it ALL DONE.

;)

Then you add a few - non-jealous type, sighs....and a couple I'm so happy for thems...mix in a few exhaling somedays....and

VIOLA - the shower is coming down.

I didn't even get to batting my eyelashes or trying to swing a sledge by myself - but that was next. I don't resort to crying unless it's a foster /rescue - bwah ha ha.

yup.....every door in the house open, not a thing covered for the dust fall out. Dude shows up and says "Dad said he may need a hand." I rush around shutting doors- putting towels under them and turning on fans and opening windows - but......ladies.....

MY SHOWER IS GONE!.........the ugly, stinky, dull, horrible, rotten, nasty, putrid, skanky golden and yellow tile is OUTTA HERE.

AND THE PICTURES you posted? OMG - MWAH!

I admit - I am bad. :laugh:

Star*

call 911........call 911
YOU in the corner!!! ------------->

Don't be jealous because I'm doing a spit bath in a bucket.....:surprise:

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
I am so glad that I could be of assistance. I hope they don't leave you without for too long. I spent about four days running to convenience stores to potty during my ordeal.

beth

Lothlorien

Star, that sounds like something I would have done! I'm glad the golden and yellow tiles are gone. I'm sending you my giant aluminum bucket to take a bath in!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
:rofl: :rofl:

Now be sure that when they slow down on motivation that you're once again sitting at the computer admiring your girlfriends new bathrooms. ;) :D

Hope you don't have to spit bath for long.

Andy

I think it warm enough for you to set up a made it myself shower OUTSIDE!

1. Hook up a tall pole to secure your garden hose to.
2. Build a wall (can be curtains or wood or plastic panels, whatever) around the hose.
3. Make sure there is a door to get in and out of.
4. May want to hook the hose a sink so you can get hot water.
5. Maybe two hoses (one for hot water and one for cold).

If you get real creative, you can also build it large enough to include a dressing room inside.

If anyone can make this work, I know you can.

Or, forget the hose idea and have DF pour buckets of predetermined temperatured water over the sides of your "shower".

Abbey

Spork Queen
I can just see Star nude out in her front yard in the sprinkler. She'd be waving to people who drove by "Hey...just taking a bath!...trying to figure out where to put the soap...:tongue:

(corner again)

Abbster

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Star, you goof. :bigsmile: I can't believe you went & started taking out walls ~ I had to hire a contractor.

by the way, your question about the shower floor ~ it's sitting on the floor with a vapor moisture barrier of some sort in between the floor & the shower floor thingy. (I can't even remember what it's called)

Good luck & post pictures. My guys have to finish my remodel before I can send them down to rescue you. :goodluck:

Andy

Yes Abbey, to your corner! NOW!
:rofl:

You skipped step 2 - there will be curtains or walls up. She can also make it big enough to change in. I would be doing this in my swimsuit but each their own! :tongue:

Haven't you seen this type of thing on MASH?

Hope the neighbors aren't trying to sell their home. It would be interesting to explain this to potential new neighbors.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Get a blow-up pool and a wooden horse, put your towel and make a soap rack to hang on the horse... pull the hose out to the pool, you can even get the old adapter and run it from your sink out into the pool from a hose. (I have done it)

It is like a fancy outdoor pool/bath/hot-tub!
You may never want them to finish!
Shoot get a big one and invite the pups in!

susiestar

Roll With It
Glad something got him motivated! I had a call out of the blue a couple of years ago from my bff from childhood. Her husband tore the main bathroom (the one with a tub of course) out and 2 months passed before he did anything else. She was having to either use the shower with 2 toddler boys!.

She desperately wanted me to come and tile her bathroom. I couldn't because I was preggo with thank you at the time (and due within a month). She said I was the only person she could think of who could actually do a GOOD job and she was desperate.

If you go to www.hulu.com and then click on TV and then on Browse you will get an alphabetical listing of all the shows they have. In the B section they have "Bathroom Renovations" which are truly cool. I have had a wonderful time watching the process.

It has a lot of helpful tips too!