Thank you for the advice

Desarirain

I just wanted to thank everyone who gave me advice. I left my husband two weeks ago and left that state a week ago, so we are safe.

Funny thing is, the boys werent upset about leaving their dad. Since we left the boys arent fighting as much or annoying each other like they had been. They are sleeping better and really havent had major adjustment issues.

My youngest slept in his own bed last night and never came into my bed. That was amazing. He has serious anxiety issues.

I bought The Explossive Child today and will really try using the ideas I read about. I am sure we are off to a great start, but I know there will be those bumps in the road to keep life interesting.

Thank you all :angel2: Without the support, I dont know if I would have the emotional strength I needed to get through the last two weeks.:angel2:

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
After your posts a couple of weeks ago I was wondering how you were! I am so glad you are pushing forward and moving ahead.
It sounds like you are trying and do sound positive. Even the kids sound good... maybe hopefully it was the right decision!? It sure sounded like it!
Please keep coming here for support and keep yourself safe! Way to go.

Andy

I am so glad you and the boys feel safe now. Good to hear the boys are comfortable with the change and don't feel the frustrations that did cause the fighting.

Keep us posted!

klmno

Just wanted to send HUGS and support. It sounds like you have your eyes wide opened and are doing the best you can to look out for your kids. Don't forget to take care of yourself so you can stay strong!. Remember, this is a soft place to land during the bumps that will surely come- but staying safe and keeping the kids from turmoil that they don't need is most important.

KTMom91

Sending many hugs and lots of support. I was wondering how you were doing...so glad to hear you and your boys are safe!

Marguerite

Thanks for letting us know how you're getting on. I'm glad the boys are taking this well. It's a difficult thing to have to do.

Marg