Thank you for the cyber hugs and condolances

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
I did fly back last weekend to see her - she didn't recognize really who I was, which is probably a good thing - was able to have a one way conversation with her without overdosing on the negativity she was so famous for. I was going to fly out Mothers Day weekend when she was more with it, but my cousin said she was freaking out about SO and I comming to visit to steal her money - don't think that was true but more like my cousin putting up roadblocks so I wouldn't come - didn't even know WHERE she was till the day before we left.

It was a very surreal trip to say the least - lots of relatives but only one came to say hello. And a comment was made to the effect that "gee, I didn't expect you to dress so stylish" SO and I wondered exactly WHAT my mother had said to all of them over the years - did they think I was a poliester wearing bag lady, some kind of hippy LOL And my cousin playing sort of a jail house guard the entire time we were there. Didn't know whether to be amused or horrified as obviously they only know of "My Life According to My Mother" sigh.

But I did feel sad for my mother - she so trusted all the wrong people, my bro and his wife, and they spent almost all of her money - what little was left my cousin had her sign it over to her. And gave her power of medical attorney so she discontinued her dialysis and my mom had her death sentance - was never told what would happen when she came off it.

So I have mourned what could have been, and never happened, and will no longer live in a Peter Pan world where time stopped at 17 when I left home. My visit gave me closure, and really enforced that I did make the right decision in leaving in the first place.

Marcie

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Marcie, didn't we used to giggle that your Mom would send you unasked for CARE packages of really ugly clothes for no reason at all? lol. From the description of how butt-ugly they were, it's no wonder the relatives were surprised at how stylish you are.

I am proud of you for going back to see her. It took so much courage for you to fly and so much courage for you to face the past. You are such an amazing woman. You have had many losses to grieve; I am happy for you that this trip brought you peace.

Big, big hugs,

Suz

Fran

Former desparate mom
Families are complicated that's for sure. I'm glad you had some closure and can move on.

DDD

Marcie I'm glad to read that you have found peace. It was such a long emotional road and you have come into the sunlight.
Hugs. DDD