Thank you for your responses.. I'll be ok

Discussion in 'Parent Emeritus' started by Dollhouse, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Dollhouse

Dollhouse Guest

I appreciate all of the care and concern. I'll be alright -- I've been to counseling before many moon ago and was on medications once, so I know the drill.

I think I am just fed up, but will seek someone out to talk to because of the issues with my difficult child (I hate that term, by the way!!) and the emancipation issue.

I saw another lawyer today; but I can't afford his fee ($225/hr). He suggested I get letters from any place my son has gone for intake review that he is NOT self-sufficient and should not be emancipated, so I will start there. I may just let the emancipation happen because I can't afford a lawyer and if I represent myself, I don't know what I'm doing.

I'm ticked off because I called the NAMI representative that my husband and I have been seeing and she WILL NOT write a statement that my husband and I have been seeing her regarding issues with my son. Then why should I continue to go there? *UGH*

In any case, thanks again for everything.
  2. Dollhouse

Dollhouse Guest

Could things get any worse? I called the first place my son went to after his crisis incident in March. They said I would have to bring him in AGAIN for another evaluation and have him sign papers for a release. They have no appointments and I need this information for the lawyer like NOW. I have only 3 more days before I have to file a cross-motion. NAMI won't help either. My son doesn't even know about this. Considering a lot of his anger stems from his father not being in his life, I doubt he will consent to going up for an evaluation again.

Forget it -- I'm not going to fight this.. No one wants to help us and it's just ridiculous. I'll let the emancipation go through.
  3. KTMom91

KTMom91 Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry, Doll. Many hugs.
  4. Lori4ever

Lori4ever New Member

I'm sorry, too. It does seem almost impossible to get help in these situations.
  5. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

I'm so sorry Doll. My sister had the same issues when searching for help with her son.