thank you guys

Steely

Thank you guys for all of your support. You are amazing.

I went shopping today with my mom for my birthday. I really, really, did not want to go - but I did - and now I am glad. We did girl stuff, which I NEVER do. We bought some make up, and perfume, and we looked at clothes. But the best part was that my mom had brought me H.'s childhood jewelry from Oregon last week. So, today I got a silver chain to hang 3 of her childhood rings as a necklace. It is a perfect treasure of our friendship and sisterhood, to hold close to my heart, at all times - just as she will always be spiritually, she now is, tangibly. It makes me feel better, in some small way.

There is one more ring, I know she had, that we cannot find, that I am hoping to add. I also know she had a Snoopy and Paddington that were her fav cuddle pals when she was little, that we cannot find. I do have her Pooh bear and her blankie, that she toted around until she was, uh, 10??? Maybe not. But close. She was so funny. She used to hide her head under the covers when the count came on Sesame Street. She was scared of everything. Then again, so was I. But since I was the big sister, I had to fake it better.

My other birthday gift is that difficult child is going hiking with me and my mom and dad tomorrow. That is a feat in and of itself, to get difficult child out of the house, no less to be part of the family, and actually hike. He is doing it as a gift to me, no fussing or bellyaching ( so he says - maybe I should write this tomorrow:sheepish:), but in theory, at least, this makes me very very happy.

Again, small things - but yet it is all of the small happy things that make a bigger, happier, picture. Thanks again for your support. I thought I had endure all of the tragic things possible in life - and yet - death had eluded me.

I just hope that Mon at work, the poop does not hit the fan. I am really praying that all of the gossip and craziness somehow vanishes once Mon. occurs.

klmno

That sounds great, Steely! And, Happpppyyyyy BBIRTHDAAAAYYY!!

I had gathered that you weren't best friends with your Mom, but still, this sounds like a memorable day for both of you and it is sweet that you got to receive your sister jewelry on your birthday. Sometimes being with family is a good thing- even when there are warts that you have to look over. I'm glad difficult child is going hiking with you tomorrow- to do it with you and to also give you the satisfaction that he is doing something good for himself.

It sounds like a successful weekend to me- and one you definitely needed!
:hapBday::gifts:

witzend

I'm glad that you had a good day. I have been worried about you! The necklace sounds really nice. Keep this as one of the good days to remember, and an example to look forward to when you're feeling down.

Star*

call 911........call 911
HAPPY BIRTHDAY STEELY -

Sounds like things are on an upbeat swing for you ! Glad to hear some happiness returning to your voice.

Hugs

Lothlorien

Sounds like all the right things to put you at ease. I love the necklace idea. That was very sweet of your mom to do that. Tomorrow sounds like a nice day too. I hope you have a great birthday!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm so glad you were able to enjoy a wonderful day with your Mom. These new treasures will not only bring back happy memories of H, but also of today. Hold to those when the going gets rough.

I hope you have a wonderful birthday and tomorrow proves to be just as wonderful a day. Enjoy the hike.

Hugs

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Sounds like a better couple of days...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

I don't have much from my Mom, but I have a little necklace and bracelet, nothing fancy, but I keep them now in a little jar. They have always made me feel a bit closer to her.
Something that they wore, and held close...
Don't worry about Monday... enjoy today.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Happy Birthday Steely. It has been a horrid year for you. I'm happy that there was something to bring you a bit of peace. Having your son get out of the house to hike with you is absolutely the best gift a mother could have. I'm glad your parents came to your home. I think in times like this we all would like to know we have a mom and dad.
Many hugs. I hope the year improves for you. It's time.

N

Nomad

Steely, Happy Birthday! Glad to hear of the hiking trip, that your parents came to visit and that you are getting some of those keepsakes that you hold dear. You are so fortunate to have parents who are not only still with you, but care about your needs. Prayers that things smooth over at work. Please keep a good attitude. Hoping that each day brings added peace.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Awww...how nice!!! Glad you got some momentos of sis. Those things are precious. Enjoy your hike, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Abbey

Wiped Out

Staff member
Happy Birthday! It sounds like a nice visit with your mom. Glad difficult child was going hiking with you today! Hope it went well!