thank you in Odyssey of the Mind

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by susiestar, Feb 25, 2011.

1. susiestar

susiestar Roll With It

thank you is competing in his first Odyssey of the Mind tournament this weekend. Odyssey of the mind is a collaborative problem solving challenge competition. His group has been working for months to create an 8 minute presentation skit on a certain problem. They will perform this and also do a shorter spontaneous challenge. Our town has 5 teams this year - last year 2 of them went to the Finals in Difficult Child!!

Please cross your fingers and keep a good thought for them tomorrow!! He has been working SO HARD. The kids must do all of it by themselves - no adult help is allowed even in making costumes!

Thanks!!

2. HaoZi

HaoZi Guest

Good luck thank you!

3. TerryJ2

TerryJ2 Well-Known Member

Cool! We have that in VA, too, and it's great fun and a great learning tool.

4. Steely

Steely Active Member

All the best of luck to him - we had that in Dallas too. Very cool.

5. KTMom91

KTMom91 Well-Known Member

OM is awesome! Way To Go thank you!

6. cubsgirl

cubsgirl Well-Known Member

Odyssey of the Mind is so much fun. I competed in 7th, 8th, and 9th grade. We got to the state level in 9th grade. I still have my medals. I have such great memories of that.

you know, it's weird, I was just remembering OM the other day and reminiscing with a friend about it and then I read your post :)

7. susiestar

susiestar Roll With It

We learned today that the top three groups in each grade will be going to the state tournament. There are only three groups in his grade!!!!