Thank You! You're Doing a Wonderful Job!

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Good morning!

I just want to thank each and every one of you for reading my posts, for offering insight and advice and for being willing to share information.

Sometimes, when we are faced with difficulties--we wonder "Why me? Why am I going through this? What is the point?"

Well, I wanted you to know that because you have experienced these difficulties with your own child--you were able to help another family in crisis. The wisdom you gained benefitted another. Your willingness to share your pain helped to lessen the burden on someone else's shoulders.

I know that many of you read about the recent series of events we went through with our difficult child....and truthfully, without your input I would have felt completely lost and alone. You gave me strength. You offered me comfort.

And I, in turn, take comfort knowing that the hard-won wisdom I gain through this experience, will also be mine to pass along to another family in need.

Thank you, friends, from the bottom of my heart.

The gift of your friendship and your wisdom is so precious.

Thank you! You're doing a wonderful job. Thanks for sharing today...

--DaisyFace

tiredmommy

Hi DF,

I haven't been around too much for the last few weeks but I have been trying to follow your recent saga. {{{Hugs}}}. I'm glad you feel supported.

Marguerite

Thanks, DF.

Never forget, that in helping one another here, we are helping ourselves too.

I'm glad you posted this. it's an important point - sometimes someone will be especially needy for a while (hey, it happens to all of us, we all have our rough patches) and then the person starts to apologise for (they think) monopolising the site.

The thing is - there's no need ever for anyoone to apologise. It's what we're here for, and I find at least for me, I NEED to feel that all the garbage we've been through, can at least serve SOME purpose by helping someone else. Then I don't feel quite so traumatised by what we have been through!

And then there's this - if we can dump on one another here, in this site, it spares the people in our personal lives nearest & dearest from feeling overloaded. This way we vent here, then it's easier to smile and slog on through life, where we live.

It all balances out.

I can tell people here, stuff I couldn't even tell my closest friend.

Thanks, DF.

Marg

TPaul

Idecor8
So true marg that it is a balancing act, in a way, that helps keep all of us balanced on this road we walk with our difficult child. It is give and take and listen and vent, teach and learn. This journey is a journey that we did not anticipate on taking. It goes much smoother when we have others that we can ask directions from, when we feel lost and alone. Helps us get back on track, and we in turn can help someone else with our experiences to help them on their side roads.