Thank you!!!!

KFld

I don't come here very often anymore, but I wanted to take a few minutes to say thank you to all of you who have been here supporting me and helping me through so many tough times over the past few years.

My former difficult child, now easy child :smile: has changed and grown so much and I sometimes find coming back here reminds me of times that I really want to forget about and just move forward. I hope that isn't toally selfish of me because I know there are so many here who supported me and could benefit from my experiences with my ex-difficult child, but at this time in my life, with all the changes I have been through, especially over the last 6 months, I feel I need to keep moving onward and upward to positive places.

I am doing well with my upcoming divorce and have really adjusted well to my changes. My son is doing awesome, still in recovery for almost 1 1/2 years now!!!! I am so proud of him. He is working full time, still living with his girlfriend and doing so well paying his bills that he was even approved for a car loan this week. The fact that he can take care of himself and his finances well enough in his life to get approved for a car loan at 20 years old really blows my mind after where he has been in the past.

I will check in from time to time and see what everyone is up to and send updates when anything big happens in my life, but I just find now that days and sometimes even a week goes by that I don't even think to check in, which to me is a good thing. It means my life is good, right? :smile:

I wish everyone here the best and hopefully all of your difficult child's will someday become easy child's as you all deserve happiness and the best life has to offer.

Thanks again!!! I don't know how I would have gotten through the past few years without all of you!

DammitJanet

Karen...

Im glad things are going so well for you and yours.

I will miss seeing your smiling face though. Please dont be too much of a stranger! I always hate saying good-bye.

JJJ

This is the hardest part about these online communities. After being here for over 6 years, I feel like I know many of you so well. And then you are just gone :sad:

Please visit once in a while and let us know how you are doing.

meowbunny

I'm so glad your life is moving forward. Do drop by once in awhile and let us know how you and yours are doing. For now, just GO GIRL GO!

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I'm so glad your story has a happy ending.

Please do stop in occassionally, tho, if for nothing else than to remind those of us still here that there is hope.

Enjoy your new place in the world.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Awww, Well I am SO happy for you!!! and I am happy for the reason that you find you are not checking in.... you can always send that little chipmunk over to say HEY once in awhile!!!! There are some squirrels hanging around the board... hewould have some friends...

We will miss you much!!!

DO check in when you feel like it!!! OR need to!!! If you need a tune up!!!

Big hugs of happiness to you!!!! You are the Warrior MOM!!!!

Happy Graduation!!!!! :bravo: :warrior: :woohoo:

busywend

Good for you! I know you will take care of you and I am glad to hear you will check in now and then!

Take care!!!

:flower:

TerryJ2

Way To Go, Karen! We'll be thinking of you, but for all the reasons you stated, it is good that you will not be thinking of us, LOL!
Take care.

:thumb:

ctmom05

<span style='font-family: Courier New'>Karen,

One of your friends here said they were glad that your story has a happy ending. You are moving forward, but this is not the end of the story. This is a different, perhaps more rewarding chapter, which is something you richly deserve,

Support is more than a place to be when you are in crisis. It is like a bank account, with withdrawls and deposits - sometimes the deposits are put into someone else's account who needs them.</span>

Star*

call 911........call 911
(YELLS TO THE FAR PASTURE)))

OPEN THE GATE BOYS ONE OF 'EM IS REALLY LEAVING!!!!

You deserve your freedom Karen - Congratulations. Go enjoy your life!

Hugs & love
Star

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
:salute: See ya 'round, pod'na.... (hitchin' onto Star's post, thanks Star :wink: )

Wishing you all the best as you move forward on your journey. Looking forward to seeing you pop in once'a'while :warrior:

Peace

DDD

You know how delighted I am for you. It's been a long hard road
and it is just terrific that you found the light at the end of the tunnel. Don't forget us who are still traveling. DDD

Marguerite

It's been a great deal of amazing challenge and change for you in the past year. Think back to where you were a year ago - very different, indeed.

While part of me is saying, "Go on! Take off and have fun! Go for it!" another part of me is also saying, "That's all very well, but there's still a lot of raw healing needed there, those big deep wounds may look healthy and granulating nicely, but they still need proper care to make sure they stay healthy and infection-free."

So on balance, Karen - go have fun, play, but do it safely with regard to your need to keep treating yourself gently and continue this amazing healing process. We're here whenever you need us, or even if you just want to drop in and brag about how well life is going.

We need our success stories.

Marg

Nancy

It's a good thing that you have moved on with your life. I am so proud of you for your strength and courage to do what was right for you and your family.

Be well and you are always welcome to come back anytime you want. Now go have fun.

Star you are too funny, "open the gates..."

Nancy

saving grace

Karen, you and I found our new soft place to land right about the same time, our boys are the same age and had the same addictions, I will miss you. I envy your contentment. I am not quite there, my boy is still on Suboxone and struggling with life in general. I find I dont post about him very often anymore either, I mostly lurk or will post in the WC or stay around that forum more. Not sure if thats bad but I tend to find myself here everyday and I like the folks and like hearing about other things in their life besides their difficult child's.

Please dont be a stranger.

Grace

KFld

Thank you all for your wonderful responses. And please don't any of you think for a minute I could ever forget you and I will be stopping in and lurking from time to time, but I just wanted you all to know why I'm not here every minute of every day like I used to need to be :smile:

Star*

call 911........call 911
I ...I'm going to miss you really

You've added such Class to our trash. lol

And IF I am ever bored I will merely tune into the Elks club in your town to hear the tales of the brazen - I'm still amazed at your abilities in a bar!

You've given us - rodent harmonica music ('Roadie' music) - BBK really! Didn't you know the chipmunk is playing a Toby Keith tune?

In all seriousness Karen -

You have been a wonderful cyber friend - open, sharing, and you have come so far in the sense of self. I think you are nothing short of an incredible person and I hope that you continue to know each and every day how very special you are.

YOU'VE COME A LONG WAY BABY!!!!! Keep going - but keep in touch!

Hugs & Love
Star