Thank you

needhope

Thank you, knowing I'm not alone means so much. Court was yesterday and difficult child is staying in Juvenile hall until the 20th. Then we go back again. I'm getting letters that she wan't to change now and want's very much to come home. To deside that we just can't put our son, myself or our home in jepordy anymore is so hard. My family unit is broken, but she refused to listen. How many chances? To have gone through so much, a group home already and we fought to get her back home after monthes, to just do all of this negitive behavior all over again. And put us through all of this. They don't think of anyone els, just themself, but when thing's realy come down she want's us.

everywoman

This is not easy, but in the end you will do what is best for all of you. Sometimes having a child out of the house for a while allows the others to heal. I would suggest therapy for everyone--especially your young children.

susiestar

Roll With It
In our experience, my son HAD to be out of the home for the rest of us to heal. No choice. We were blessed in a way most are not, my father had just retired from teaching and was willing to take difficult child on. I know this is an incredible blessing, esp because difficult child and gpa are much alike. If anything gpa is more aspie than difficult child. It is funny to watch them snipe at each other now. But NOW difficult child is making good choices.

He wasn't always.

BEst of luck and lots of prayers!

Susie

KFld

When I asked my difficult child to leave our home at 18, I knew he would never be back. I made that very clear to him from the start and it forced him to go into a soberhouse after rehab, which was the best thing for him. He learned life skills he never would have learned at home and now has his own apartment. I always felt him coming back would be moving backwards for him. It's not easy, but it was the best thing for all of us and I never regret it.

I agree but my son is still in jail and I have no idea what is going to happen to him. What is a soberhouse exactly? How is it different from a halfway house? If my son goes to prison I will be so sad for him.

KFld

I know a soberhouse is one for recovering addicts or alcoholics. The ones my son lived in, you had to go right there from a rehab center. I'm not sure, but a halfway house might be more of a transitioning home from jail to the real world.