thank you's first car accident

slsh

member since 1999
Is it too soon to start the evening cocktails? :hammer:

He was a good boy - called husband, not me. But of course, I'm the one who solves problems (why can no one else in this family think their way out of a box?!?!?!?!?) so I had to get involved, in order to get it towed to repair place - in the middle of Timbuktu, Indiana.

Apparently hit the metal guard poles that surround gas pumps. :hammer: Good thing those poles are there.

Apparently car is not drivable. :hammer:

Third day of his job, not sure how he's going to get there now. :hammer:

He is not hurt. He is not hurt. He is not hurt.

husband just told me it's not cocktail hour yet. :crying:

I will be calm. I will be calm. I will be calm. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
husband hit one of those poles once, backing up. CRRRUNCH. But... Ahem... If the car is not driveable... Holy smokes.

InsaneCdn

Doesn't take much for a car to not be driveable - and that situation sounds like it "should" be fixable. But of course... NOT on a long-weekend!!!!

slsh

member since 1999
LOL, Step. He insisted on a manual transmission and ... well, getting into first gear is not his strong suit. I am *not* going to ask for specifics because I simply do not want to know, I really really really do not want to know, but I suspect he popped the clutch or something along those lines. But I swear, I'm not asking. And hopefully he will not volunteer information.

LOL HaoZi!!! I'm sure it is, somewhere. But I have to hold off until we are sure thank you has a ride from wherever he is to wherever he needs to be. Sigh.............

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I love my 5-speed stick shift!

Hmm. I can imagine, unfortunately. I'll do that part for you...

slsh

member since 1999
Well, he got it kinda all taken care of, at least got the car towed to repair shop, though isn't able to go to work. Apparently he's trying to look on the bright side of things: "At least I didn't hit the cop car that was at the pump next to me." :faint:

Meanwhile, I'm sitting here obsessively watching Weeburt's plane as it lands in Newark. Then will be tracking it across the Atlantic. I am utterly phobic about flying, which is weird considering I used to lived in Hawaii, but... the thought of flying now just makes me feel really ill, literally. Fortunately, I've managed to hide my fear enough from the kids that they are fine with flying. But they do know that when they fly, I sit here and watch their flights, as if by sheer will I can ensure it's a safe flight.

Sigh. Just another day.

Nancy

I'm sorry about the accident. Somehow I think you will be in charge of getting him to work.

I use to be ok with flying too, and then there was 9/11. My easy child is terrified of flying to the point that she needs heavy drugs to get her through the flight. I use to track husband's flight all the time since he is always traveling, and then one day the tracking said to contact the airport for more information on the flight and I was sick with worry. Turned out to be nothing, a glitch in the system, but I don't watch now. He always texts me and easy child telling us when he lands and we are ok with that.

He's not hurt. Nobody else is hurt,so you won't be sued. Try to relax and definately have that drink! Just another day in the life......sorry it happened.

slsh

member since 1999
Nancy - I suspect he's going to lose the job. I feel so very bad for him because the kid cannot catch a break. He finally gets a legit job (can't tell you how many times he's been scammed by restaurants around here) and then he wrecks the car. I can't/won't drive him. He gets off at 11 at night, the job is in East Chicago or Gary or somewhere around there so not a little trek for us, and husband and I both get up around 4:00-4:30 a.m. for work, so it's just not practical at all. Plus, I really avoid driving at night anymore because I don't feel like I see as well as I used to, even with- glasses. Older middle age bites, LOL.

I haven't flown since 1994. Nothing traumatic, at least that I recall, but I really dislike it intensely. I just won't do it, period. Getting queasy watching Wee's plane now that he's waaaay out over the water.... think I'm just gonna go to bed, LOL. I sincerely hope the international texting plan works. I gave him the help phone number and *strict* instructions that if his phone isn't working, he is to *call* them immediately, because I will be in a padded room by the time he gets back if I don't hear from him. One of the teachers will be doing a blog during the trip, so at least I'll get some info, but.... the kid went to a computer camp (a *computer* camp) a couple years back, gone for 10 days, was allowed his phone, and I didn't hear from him once. Not once. No email ("oh, I didn't think of that"), no text, no call. Could have killed him. He's just a very laid back/stoic (semi-comatose) kind of person, always has been, kinda takes after his father, LOL. I know he'll be fine, but my anxiety is just overflowing.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
At least he is ok, unhurt. That is the important part.

No one else was hurt, also important.

He didn't hit that cop car. He's right that was VERY good. ( LOL )

He didn't take out a gas pump. That would've been catastrophic. (got to give credit where it's due)

Having learned to drive a 5 speed in 15 mins, then having to drive it to work the next morning at 5am (new job) in the rain (pouring) only to discover Fred forgot to tell me what to do to park the darn thing..........that part I was left to figure out on my own..........(he taught me in a parking lot, "parking" never occurred to him) I totally understand. :rofl: I won't tell you how the trip home from work went as it went to pieces when the windshield wiper flew off the car........... omg

I have to laugh because for years my kids thought I refused to drive Fred's 5 speed because I didn't know how. I don't know what easy child was thinking when I took her out for her first driving lesson in it. (did she really think I'd take her out in a car I couldn't drive??) Let's just say 1st gear was NOT her friend....... stuck 10 mins at a stop sign while she kept killing the engine, I told her to get out I was driving us home. I thought she'd faint. Then she was amazed I could drive it just fine. omg LMAO

TerryJ2

I'm glad he's okay. Sigh.
OMG! : "At least I didn't hit the cop car that was at the pump next to me."

You know, mimosas don't really count, as far as drinking is concerned. You can have orange juice in the morning. Just saying ... :)

slsh

member since 1999
I will suggest he try to find someone to catch a ride with. Somehow, he's gotten his girlfriend to drive from way the heck over in Indiana several times a week to take him to school or back to her house, but she started working a third job last week, so I don't think that's going to fly. The kid does have charm, so he may be able to pull a rabbit out of the hat. He did sound much more sane when I talked to him. Apparently he was showing some difficult child signs when husband talked to him, just that anger and starting to lose control stuff, but husband was *really* good and told thank you to just take care of what had to be taken care of right this moment, and then take the next step. Kudos seriously to husband. Even thank you said that husband was right - a Ripley's moment!

Wee is currently en route to Seville, so all is well there.

Boo's feeding tube came out sometime during the night, and the hole in his abdomen shrank, so I've spent the last 45 minutes trying to get it stretched back out with Foley catheters. Finally got a new tube in, but that meant husband had to take Diva to therapist appointment, which just completely sent Diva into a major rant - don't know what her function is there, but seriously??? I could throttle her - husband doesn't do the medical stuff, and no tube means no medications which means seizures.... but it's all about her.

Wake me up in July, 'cuz I'm toast, LOL.

:capitulate: