Thanks Lisa...

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
I took the day off last Friday and went out with SO. When we were in Fry's, I started looking for a game for my PSP, and ended up buying Sims 2 The Castaways, telling SO that you had bragged about this game quite a few times :)

When Jamie took me out to dinner on Sunday, I was showing him and telling him it was boring - I couldn't find anyone to talk to cept Monkeys and all I was doing was eating and sleeping and picking up Conch Shells, and I probably had a rash on my inner cartoon thighs from climbing up coconut trees.

He loaded my game and started laughing. Asked me with that extremely sarcastic sense of humor of his "Mom, what is the name of this game" - I said The Sim's. He then said anything strike you about the name, besides of course the apostrophe S. Its called "The Sim's" for a reason. You are supposed to create some people to interact with, no wonder you are not getting anywhere, you have been wandering around this Island for days by yourself - a crazy woman and three monkeys.

So I had to start all over, again for the umteenth time, and this time I added SO as a crew member - I figure that would be ok - was so pleased now I had TWO people, him and I. He has died twice, once from starvation and once for lack of sleep and I have had to start all over, again, because I got so carried away I forgot to save.

I was really starting to get the hang of it and am dying to play again - unfortunately SO picked it up to have a look at it and I cannot pry it out of his hands.

Just wanted to say thank you for providing me with an addiction LOL

Marcie

Abbey

Spork Queen
:rofl::rofl::rofl: There is another game like that called Animal Crossing. My son said it was the coolest game ever. I spent weeks aimlessly wandering around trying to chat with the village people who speak jibberish. I finally just gave up.

Abbey

Lothlorien

Is that what you have to do with the baby game too? Missy has it and she's bored, because she can't do anything with it.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
:D

You want a real addiction?? Buy sims 2 for your computer. Totally different, tons of expansion packs for more variety of game play.

Oh........and just so you're in the "know" Sims 3 comes out in 21 days!! I've been following it's development. It is going to be fantastic. Mine is preordered already. And it will take up less space on your computer than sims 2 would.

Addicted? Me?

Now whatever gave you that idea?? :rofl:

by the way, you're welcome. I've been playing it for 9 yrs. Glad you're having fun with it. I also enjoy castaways. OH, and I hate those darn monkeys!

Hugs

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
I am going to have to pass Lisa on getting any Sims game for my computer - I wouldn't be getting any work done at all :)

Loth, I would think Baby Sim's would work on the same principal - you have to create babies. I have never seen this version but it would probably be more my speed..

Marcie

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Loth

Which version is she playing? Is it Life Stories? That one is a much trimmed down version of the easy child game. Made for laptops and the like. easy child plays it because it gives her something to do between classes at school. But it is no where near as involved as the original version of sims 2, especially if you get any of the expansion packs.

And yes, I've hooked my kids on the darn game too. lol Even Aubrey and Darrin will crawl into my lap and "help" me play the game.

Marcie, I have to confine my game play for certain hours of the day in order to not play it non stop. I play two hours before going to bed. But I have to keep my eye on the clock or time slips away from me. lol ;)