That'll teach me to open my mouth

flutterby

Fly away!
easy child was massaging my neck and shoulder, trying to work out the kinks, and I said, "I want a new body", in a kinda whiny but sarcastic tone.

Without missing a beat, he replied, "[Car dealership] is having a sale: cash for clunkers."

:rofl:

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Back many years ago when husband and I were in the Society for Creative Anachronism (medieval live action role-play combined with Faires), we often used to go to events in the Madison area that required us passing the "Ideal Body Shop". (They had a half VW Beetle as their sign, LoL)

We were coming up from Chicago and I had just gotten the last of the splints off my knee post-surgery. It was REALLY complaining about a car ride in a tiny Toyota and I was kvetching about it.

husband slowed down and pointed at the sign and said, completely deadpan: "We're running a bit early--you wanna stop in and see what they've got on sale?"

Only reason I didn't clout him one is that he was driving.

slsh

member since 1999
That is too funny. :rofl: Gotta love our kids and their sharp wits.

I was telling Diva I had my first major crush in 6th grade and his name was Paul.... "Revere???" she pipes in, with an evil grin. Didn't know whether to laugh or make her walk the rest of the way home, LOL.

At the very least, they keep us humble. ;)