Thats a big 10-4

Star*

call 911........call 911
I drove solo for the first time today and did 6 drop and hooks (trailers) It wasn't a long run..loaded a 53 foot trailer myself then ....only 3.5 hours......but I felt like a trucker for the first time, and wanted to share that all my hard work, studying, praying and omg courage finally paid off. Have to say if there was extra sunshine in SC it was the reflection of my enormous smile.

I am backing that 70 foot behemoth and I know what I'm doing now, and docking it around corners -----I still get a chuckle when I climb down out of it and people just kinda stare at me, but that's okay......I figure it's because I'm so out of breath, sweaty, red in the face and just so darned good looking in my trucker garb (snort) those boots with shorts are so sekky. No really - that and my back brace - mmmmm hot Momma!

Just wanted to share my first solo run.....with all of you! It's a milestone of hard work and some good news out of the D.A. Ranch. (road horn blow) honk!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Thanks everyone.....your support means a lot! This was one of the hardest things I ever undertook to learn. Frustrating? OMG I had no idea - going forward ----meah.....not so hard (be vigilant, check lots of stuff, and be aware......) going backwards and learning how THAT works, getting the hang of timing, turning and space vs. truck? UGH razzle frassing expletive, expletive adjective....non-Christian language blah blah....bad thought OMG did I just say that? (slaps hand over mouth) .....yeah something like that - but when you get it, and it clicks? It feels awesome. I actually had a lady bus driver sitting next to me in traffic yesterday and she waived at me and smiled - (eye to eye) THAT was sooooooooo cool. (snicker) It was like - GIRLS ON WHEELS......UNITE!!!!!!! Or something like that. Anyway just wanted to share. Thanks again.

DDD

Sounds like you got an "A" on your final exam! Way To Go, Starbie. I never doubted for a minute that you could do it. Just like every other job you'll get better and better at it. Before long you'll get compliments for cutting the edge in your manuvers....other truckers "know" who is really good and who isn't. You'll be an Ace before long (and know I don't mean our Boxer, lol). I'm assuming you are "really" wearing slacks or jeans. You don't want too much lust following you! Congrats. DDD

Malika

. Before long you'll get compliments for cutting the edge in your manuvers....DDD

Lol. Reading this, I presumed that "manuvers" must be some kind of male overalls (suitable for female truckers :) ) Then I realised - oh these Americans can't spell. It's manoeuvres! :)
Congratulations, Star!

Jody

Yahoo. Congratulations!! I cannot imagine you not being a success at anything you try Star!!!! I admire that you were able to do it and also am in awe that you are physically able to do it. I don't even like driving a big van!!!!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Way To Go Starbie!!!

About, oh, let's see (counts fingers and some toes) 17 years ago I was dating a trucker, who tried (unsuccessfully, I might add) to teach me how to go FORWARD. Couldn't do it. Give me a 5-speed manual tranny CAR and I'm good to go. Anything bigger? HAHAHAHAHA!

I am SO proud of you!!!