The Bachelor...anyone?

DDD

I guess Ben has never learned "Just Say No!" Of course we all knew the skinny dipping was going to be part of the episode but really?? Ben had the audacity to say she was "breaking the rules"..huh? If it's against the rules for her I assume it's against the rules for him. on the other hand, lol, since the cameras were running I assume his "sacrafice" was part of the script.

by the way I continue to be shocked and amazed that the contestants who get sent home early cry about their "lost love". Geezo Peezo. The show seems to be burdened with beautiful nut cases. LOL DDD

Nancy

I can't imagine any girl who makes it to the end will be happy to learn he went skinny dipping with Ms. Hussy and were locked in an embrace in their skinnies! Honestly neither one of them have any morals.

I still think he will end up with Kacie B but if I were her I would not trust him at all.

You know I like Blakely more than I did at the beginning but she's too old for him and I just don't see them together. That's quite a tatoo she has on her wrist.

Nancy

Kathy813

Staff member
I've read that the producers are very good at manipulating emotions. The contestants are asked questions that the producers know will produce an emotional response (such as the death of a loved one) and then segue into how they feel about being "rejected" by the bachelor/bachelorette. There is also quite a bit of drinking that goes on during the rose ceremonies (that take a very long time to film) so that adds to the emotional outbursts.

Courtney is either playing a role or is just plain evil. I can't decide which. If she is doing this for publicity, I hope that it is true for her sake that any publicity is good publicity. I think she will be hated if she is the one that Ben picks.

Last edited:

DDD

Wasn't it Emily who opted out of a continuing relationship after she watched the televised show and saw all the naky panky? Even as a sweet young thing I was not territorial in relationships but if you really are on the show to "find love" and then you see sleazy behavior on National television...I think I'd opt out. DDD

Kathy813

Staff member
Yes, she was the one. I can't wait to see how they handle the "overnight" dates for a mom with a young daughter. It will make an interesting season although I really found her boring.

Nancy

Kathy I think DDD is talking about Emily in this show, the one that keeps telling Ben he should watch out for Courtney. Or am I wrong DDD? And by the way I can't believe she keeps on that subject even after Ben puts her down every time. Hasn't she watched the show enough to know that the snitch never gets picked?

Nancy

P.S. If he picks Courtney I'm not watching anymore. But then they deserve each other. And I'll probably watch again anyway.

DDD

Nancy I was talking about the future Bachelorette. If I remember she was chosen and then broke off the relationship once she "saw" the television show. Since she is evidently a devoted Mom I really doubt she is going to handle the overnights in an intimate way.

Did anyone "get" the preview segments at the end of the show? I was (as usual, lol) dozing and it seemed as though another contestant was warning Ben...and then I think I saw him taking off to confront someone. Maybe I didn't miss anything but it seems like maybe I did. DDD

Nancy

Oh OK DDD, I was confused. Yes it looks like both Kelsie and someone else confronts Ben and tells him about Courtney next week and then he calls Courtney to talk to her before giving her the rose. I'm beginning to think they are editting it to make Courtney look evil and he picks her in the end.

Nancy

DDD

Maybe they gave her the leftover script from the show with the Florida blonde (sorry, I never remember stranger's names) who stalked, was hated, got the ring and ended up with an arrogant self-serving good looking Dude. It's really very, very similar. DDD

Kathy813

Staff member
That was Vienna who ended up getting the ring from Jake. I was one of the few that actually liked Vienna. I saw her as an immature difficult child who had her heart in the right place but couldn't get along with the other girls. I thought that they were very mean to her. It reminded me of high school.

Jake turned out to be a total jerk. I think he has serious control and anger issues.

Now, I can't find any redeeming virtue in Courtney. She has to be putting this all on. She must know that the things that she is saying and doing is making her look like a total you-know-what on national television. I know that the editors cut and splice and ask leading questions to get good sound bites, however, they can't show anything if she doesn't give them the something to work with first.

Kathy813

Staff member
Maybe because I see our difficult children in Vienna? I was probably the only one that did like her and I really didn't like Tenley.

Emily just strikes me as fake and plastic. I know a lot of southern girls like that . . . sugar wouldn't melt in their mouth and they are in church every Sunday but they are total hypocrites. Remember that sweet Emily got pregnant at an early age. I don't think she was as sweet and innocent as she was portrayed on Brad's season. I think that the true Emily came out at the After the Rose ceremony. She was cold as ice.

I guess you can tell that I really didn't like her. I guess I like the bad girls (except Courtney). LOL

~Kathy

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Well, I can't stand either trashy Courtney or fake Emily (or Vienna or Tenley, for that matter). Pass the barf bag for all, please. :bag:

I would like to smack Ben upside the head for being such an idiot. Honestly. I'm so disappointed in him I could scream. :919Mad:

Suz

DDD

Evidently Courtney is not only a model but also a physical fitness guru. Those careers are not for the bashful or demure. I'm very curious what the family visits will bring and I don't doubt for minute that she will be included. Sigh.
DDD

Ephchap

I'd like to hold Ben while you slap him upside the head, Susie. OMG, what is the man thinking? Well, obviously he's not. Ughhh.

I really don't find Courtney that beautiful. Models are necessarily the most beautiful; they photograph well or have a different look sometimes. The way she screws up her mouth and bites it constantly drives me over the edge. lol. I actually liked the one he sent home last night. She was a pretty girl and very smart and seemed just genuinely nice. Guess that's why he sent her packing. lol.

I ask myself every week why I watch this, and yet like a trainwreck, I just can't seem to stop.

Deb