The Bachelor

Nancy

Get ready ladies for the new season of The Bachelor and or weekly recaps. Looks to be a drama filled season!

Nancy

Kathy813

Staff member
Ben just doesn't do anything for me. I hope he grows on me. Tonight was pretty boring but I usually get into it more once there are less women left and I get to know their names.

~Kathy

H

HaoZi

I don't get why he kept Jenna or Jemma or whatever her name is. *lost*

Nancy

I think he kept Jenna for the drama. I'm convinced the producers make them keep the weird ones around for ratings.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I hope he learned to kiss between the end of the last show and now- I figure that's why Ashley didn't pick him...it always looked like he was kissing like a wall. Regardless, I love Ben. He's a good guy in an attractive package- works for me!

There are certainly some nutcases in this batch of women but I think there are some winners, too.

For those new to posting about reality shows on this forum, in order to not give away anything to our West Coast members, I thought we didn't talk "results" until the next day.- did this change?

Suz

Nancy

No it didn't change but this is not a very popular show as I recall only a handful of members watched and posted. I don't think anything was given away too soon but certainly if a west coast member is affected please let us know. I will try to restrain myself but honestly as I get older I forget the next day what the show was about.

Nancy

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
haha- I know what you mean about memory, Nancy. The last time it was an issue, it wasn't people who regularly posted who protested as much as lurkers who only posted sporadically. At one point we had someone in Hawaii watching and was another reason why we held off but that's too long ago for me to remember who it was.

Basketcase Jenna and the big, blonde barbarian ("I really am a nice person..."-----yeah right....NOT!) from last night made me want to :919Mad: . I'm sure you are right that the producers have a hand in when the weirdos stick around but I wish they could appreciate how annoying those folks are to watch.

Of those who didn't get roses, I was disappointed that the nurse who had taken care of her family didn't get one. I hope someone wonderful from her hometown spotted her :flower:

Suz

DDD

Ok, I watched it. Know I said I wasn't going to, lol, but I couldn't resist. How I wish they wouldn't go overboard on the nut cases each season. Lord knows there are many lovely and accomplished women for Ben to meet. Since Ben appears to be a caring sincere guy I hope they cull the losers asap so he actually has a chance to find a life partner.

I'm all for Grandma's (obviously, lol) but that segment and the horse were a bit much! Talk about show biz...omg! And...wth was with the future scenes??? DDD

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Didn't we all know the second Jenna started talking in her biographical sketch from NYC that she was going to be a nut? I think we can all spot a difficult child a mile away at this point. lol

Suz

DDD

Hadn't thought of that Suz...you're absolutely right. Guess that's why I don't have the patience for the melodrama, lol. DDD

Ephchap

Holding hand up, embarrassed, that I also watched it. O M G ! Talk about drama ! Ben seems like such a laid back guy and they casted a lot of very high strung women. First of all, didn't you want to take that sash with the Miss Whatever-it-Said and just choke her with it? Who in their right mind would wear that to meet someone you hope to fall in love with? I wanted to gag when she stepped out of the limo wearing it. lol. Some of the others, all I can say is, Wow. lol. Should be an interesting seasons.

Nancy

Yes when they showed Jenna in the bio I immediately pegged her as drama queen. She writes a blog in NYC about relationships for goodness sake. I wonder if this is all a put on for some career/acting aspiration.

Nancy

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Nancy, it wouldn't surprise me at all if this is all a put on for some career/acting aspiration. I figure if anyone watching Jenna now thinks she has any kind of intelligent feedback about relationships, they are just as goofy as she is.

Ephchap, I forgot about the gal with the sash. OMG! :rofl:

Suz

lovemysons

I just thought Jenna was seriously Emotionally Disturbed.
LOL, I know a good psychiatrist.

I like the "Grandmother's granddaughter"...that's my vote so far.
LMS