The Bachelor

Kathy813

Staff member
Well, DDD. Is your heart still beating? He picked Courtney (surprise, surprise).

We tried to have a Bachelor chat last night but my technical skills must have been lacking. I was able to instant message with Suz and Nancy separately but couldn't find their Bachelor chat. Lesson learned . . . always have a trial run when it comes to technology. LOL

This was my least favorite Bachelor series yet. Ben fell even more in much estimation at the WTA. If he loved Courtney, he should have stood by her no matter what was being said in the press. The "re-engagement" couldn't have felt less real and I give the whole thing 2 months (if that).

Also, they advertised a "surprise" on Good Morning America this morning. Obviously, I can't watch it at school so if someone watches, please let me know what it is.

~Kathy

Last edited:

DDD

Sorry, guys. Sunday night a "bug" got me and by chance I had a Dr's appointment prescheduled on Monday afternoon. I did turn on the program as I tried to nod off....the program did it again, lol, snore snore snore. I was "aware" of what was going on kinda and knew that Lendzi's future has possibilities once Ben got rid of her. That assurance put me into snore state. Also saw Ben's Mom and Sister and thought they were lovely. Ben must take after his Dad, lol. DDD

Jody

I knew the ending last week. :( remind me to never go to walmart and look at the tabloid magazines. I cannot believe that he would be that incredibly stupid to pick her. This was definately the worst season for the Bachelor and not sure (probably will) if I can watch it again. LOL. It was good to see JP and Ashley still together.

Nancy

I said to Suz last night that I don't know if I will ever watch again and her response was "you know you will" lol. I didn't feel any real emotion when he proposed and haven't seen any between them yet, even at the re-proposal. I agree Kathy that he shold have stood beside her in the tabloids, so when he said he was only going to propose if he was absolutely sure he meant it, that was a lie.

This was a very boring season. What concerns me is that I wonder how much the editing had to do with the public's opinion of Courtney and therefore the producers and editors really did doom their relationship if they ever had a chance to begin with. Look what they did with Courtney's sister and mom when she was talkign to them. There is no way based on what they showed they they could think she is a lovely young woman who would fit perfectly into their family. So they showed only what they wanted us to see. Ben said it was "all this" that got in their way and I believe that's true. They manuevered everything at the expense of both Courtney and Ben.

In the end I don't think they would have lasted two months but I don't like what the show did.

Nancy

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I agree that the show and the tabloids probably made further mincemeat of Courtney. That said, based on the overwhelming venom shown in "The Women Tell All" the bad press seems justified in almost all of the women's opinions who lived with her and I don't feel one bit of sympathy for Courtney.

I have mixed emotions about Ben. I do think Courtney hoodwinked him because she was so different with him and, apparently, so different with his mother and sister. I have to wonder what mom and sis think now after having seen the show. I think Ben was so smitten the first time he laid eyes on Courtney that the rest of them really didn't stand a chance. And I agree that if he really meant "forever" he took the chicken's way out to run for cover for a few weeks.

I taped GMA this morning because Lindzi was supposed to be on. I can't wait to get home to see what she had to say about the whole thing. I was furious with Ben for telling her he was in love with her... "BUT"... as he dumped her at the end. :919Mad:

Suz

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I just watched my tape of GMA. The "surprise" was that Ben picked Courtney. I guess they didn't read the spoilers or the rag mags. lol

Lindzi was gracious and is "in a good place." She refused to bad mouth either of them. BOOOORING!!! I was kind of disappointed- I wanted her to rip someone to shreds. :rofl:

Suz

vligrl

I said to Suz last night that I don't know if I will ever watch again and her response was "you know you will" lol. I didn't feel any real emotion when he proposed and haven't seen any between them yet, even at the re-proposal. I agree Kathy that he shold have stood beside her in the tabloids, so when he said he was only going to propose if he was absolutely sure he meant it, that was a lie.

This was a very boring season. What concerns me is that I wonder how much the editing had to do with the public's opinion of Courtney and therefore the producers and editors really did doom their relationship if they ever had a chance to begin with. Look what they did with Courtney's sister and mom when she was talkign to them. There is no way based on what they showed they they could think she is a lovely young woman who would fit perfectly into their family. So they showed only what they wanted us to see. Ben said it was "all this" that got in their way and I believe that's true. They manuevered everything at the expense of both Courtney and Ben.

In the end I don't think they would have lasted two months but I don't like what the show did.

Nancy

It seems to be the same format for the last few seasons where a rejected contestant always comes back for a second chance or as a warning, or there is always a villian in the show and I think the writers tell them what to say half the time for ratings. They have scripts.....I think they keep the crazy ones just for interest whether the contestant is interested or not. I mean the girl that kept crying starting on the first show was still given a rose! Come on! It's become more of a travel log than a show about love. In the end most of them don't think with their brains and pick their mates for all the wrong reasons.:flirtysmile3:

DDD

Ditto, Vligirl. I actually tried to find an email address to send a communication to the producers. They are missing the boat and need to change the format. LOL, of course, I couldn't find anything but Twitter, FB etc. Sigh. DDD

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I read something today that said Courtney might be a last minute addition to Dancing With the Stars. :faint: (remember Melissa and Jake did this?)

I sure hope it's wrong!

Suz