The Bachelor

Nancy

I don't know why I'm still watching. This season has to be the most boring. The dates he is picking are stupid, it's like he's testing them in the wild.

I don't think much of any of the girls and I think even less of Sean. I don't like what he makes the girls do and he doesn't play fair. He whines about no one giving him specifics about the witch and then when someone does he doesn't believe her and sends her home.

DDD

Last night I was thinking the same thing. The show has evolved into a fitness competition combined with a travel documentary. on the other hand, lol, I do think Sean is actually looking for a lifelong mate. Actually if the producers were to stay true to the goal I think they should stay in one location, have each girl on a one/one date...and THEN...TA DA have the audience vote off one girl a week (or maybe two). It would be like A.I. in a way and the losers would be hisotry PDQ. What do you think? DDD

Nancy

LOL DDD, don't you think a lot of viewers would vote for Tierra just to keep the drama up. So if we voted off the girls we would pick his mate? I like that, don't think we could do any worse than they do on their own. I don't understand how he can't see through Tierra. I can't remember who said this to him but doesn't he want someone that can get along with people and shouldn't it be a real red flag that she can't? He just keeps making excuses for her and sending home all the ones who try to warn him. He's watched this show enough, he knows how it goes. None of the witches ever turned out to be other than a witch in real life. So why does he expect this to be different.

One day he says he doesn't think his wife is there and the niext night he says he thinks he could marry several of them. Enough of the outdoor dates in canoes and lumberjacks. And then he invites the losers to the group date with the winners, not fair at all. And why would he embarrass Sarah like that in pulling her out of the room and sending her home instead of just not givign her a rose. He said it was to spare her and I think the way he did it was so much more embarrassing for her.

I didn't think much of him in Emily's season but I grew to like him a little more toward the end. Now I know why I originally didn't like him. It's not that he's a bad guy he is just bland and way more interested in his body and the outdoors for my liking. Honestly this season would be the most being except for Tierra's antics so I guess that's why they keep her noone would watch.

I think this show has outlasted it's usefulness.

Jody

I am hooked on this show. LOL, he needs to get rid of that Tierra, or I won't be able to stand it anymore. Gosh she is a drama queen, and then she says I really am not involved in a lot of drama. She is totally crazy. I think it was Leslie that told him that she can't get along with anyone. Maybe it was Catherine. I was really mad that he sent Selma home, I liked her a lot.

I like Sean but admit that the things he makes them do is a little nutty. Drinking goat milk, roller derby, scaling mountains, and jumping into frigid water. Enough of that.

I like Catherine, and Des the best. Lindsey is sweet but a little to giggly and trying to hard. That leaves Ashley, Tierra and who is the other one? Oh okay it's Leslie. She's funny and she just says how it is. I do think it's kind of gross how, he kisses them all though, one right after the other. ICK. I wonder if they get tested for things before the show. lol.

Nancy

Lol Jody I thought the same thing...yuk yuk yuk. Too much kissing and I hope none of these girls have anything or they all do now. I bet Selma is kicking herself for kissing him now on tv. She was the only one that was smart enough not to jump in that freezing water and he let her go, not adventurous enough for him I guess. I thought that was irresponsible of him to make them do that in the freezing water. And even though he said they didn't have to do it you know they felt pressured. I had an icky feeling watching them get ready to jump in knowing they didn't want to. It was distasteful to me, demeaning to them, shades of grey if you know what I mean. And the roller derby with poor Sarah who had very little balance, I thought that was very demeanign to her too.

Nope don't like what he is doing at all.

Kathy813

Staff member
I didn't even watch it last night since Smash was on at the same time. I have it recorded but am not sure I will even watch it.

I think Sean is sincere but boring. I don't think we can blame him for the dates, though. That is all controlled by the producers of the show. The leads get very little say in things.

As I'm sure you recall, I found Emily's season boring, too. This is like Emily 2.0 for me. Or should I say beautiful blonde 2.0. There are rumours that Emily is going to be on Dancing With the Stars. Oh, no!!

~Kathy

Nancy

I'm not so sure he had no say in the dates. He may not have had a say in where they went but the actual dates I suspect he did have a hand in. He makes it well known he is a big outdoor person and that's what all the dates involve.

DDD

Do you all know what he does to make a living as an adult male? As you guys know I "nod off" and miss more than a few innings but so far I have not heard one blankin' reference to his employment or specifics about theirs either. I briefly dated a "Sean" who had a twin brother, lol. They drove Vets of different colors. They were both polite and they both had financial resources but there was NO substance. As I recall I lasted thru the third date and then realized "duh, this guy is boring as H". That's the vibe I get from him. Nice guy. No adult focus.

Just to be a troublemaker, lol, I still think that audience participation would boost the ratings, get rid of the obvious losers, make people feel connected etc. Hmm...wonder if I can submit my idea and get some bucks for creative input??? Once it got down to the final three then it would be up to him. And..lol..who would imagine that a sheltered beautiful girl from an entirely different culture would blend in with his family?? I don't think so. LOL DDD

Nancy

I think he's in the insurance business. I guess that's the business to be in since when I called ours this week he doesn't come in until 9:30 and he's gone by 4:30.

DDD

Maybe he has some success if he sells insurance where his family lives....referrals are everything in sales, LOL. DDD

Kathy813

Staff member
He is an insurance salesman. His family obviously has a lot of money. He took Emily to his family home and it was gorgeous.

Nancy, do you really think that Sean planned the Pretty Woman date and arranged for jewelry from Neil Lane? I think he tells the producers things he likes to do but doesn't have much say in the actual planning. I highly doubt he decided to take a bunch of women to a roller derby.

From what I have read on the spoiler sites, Sean does get to tell the producers who he likes and who he would like to take on a one-on-one date but from there TPTB plan what they think will make good television which includes telling the lead who to keep around to provide the drama.

Nancy

No I don't think he plans out the jewelry. I think he has a say in the canoeing and roller derby. Like you said I think he tells them what he likes to do and they plan around that.

DDD

Didn't that Pretty Woman date ring a bell from a past show? My brain doesn't dream up fantasy like that at all, lol. I would bet a buck that on a previous season a very similar scenario was presented. Matter of fact I believe it ended up in the same way. I wouldn't know how to prove or disprove it...but I sure think so. DDD

Nancy

I think it did too DDD. Beware if the bachelor comes bearing gifts of jewelry and pretty dresses, you are sure to go home.

DDD

Just because I am now at work and not psyched into doing anything yet, lol, I read a reference to Sean's religion. Was he also a Mormon? I started to look at the spoilers and then scan read about religion being a factor so I'm wondering if he decided the Muslim (?) girl's heritage wouldn't blend with his or if something else will come up later. DDD

Kathy813

Staff member
Many of the dates are repeats. How many times have we seen them rappelling off the top of a building or being serenaded by a singer?

DDD, I believe that Sean is an evangelical Christian. I would think that Selma's Muslim background might have been a concern for him (not that it should . . . I just mean he was looking for someone with the same religious background and beliefs).

~Kathy

Last edited:

Kathy813

Staff member
I wouldn't call it cheating . . . let's go with intellectual curiousity. I always check out the spoilers before the season begins. I like to watch for the spark from the very beginning.

If the spoilers are right, I like Sean's pick.

~Kathy