The Bachelor

Nancy

I have still not been able to make a connection with any of these girls. I like Ashley and think she is very sincere but I don't think Sean is that taken with her. Lindsay is very sweet but I don't see the sparks there either. I know they edit a lot out but if the audiece never sees any chemistry between any of them they aren't going to watch anymore.

The home town dates....talk about sealingyour fate. There was no way I would have picked Des after that family meeting. Her brother is a wacko, seriously think he has some mental issues. Why did she even let him come to dinner? But it's a good thing he did because if Sean had picked her he would be stuck with the brother. It appeared as though the parents and Des were both concerned about what he would say so why didn't they keep him away. He is a difficult child if I ever saw one.

Catherine's sisters certainly didn't help her either, telling Sean that she acts like this with all her boyfriend's and then when it's not fun anymore throws them away. And that she has a lot of future career plans and they don't see her wanting to have a family soon. Sean is a family man and has made that known from the beginning.

I liked Ashley's parents and of course I'm rooting for her because they adopted her and love her unconditionally and she sure loves them back. So for me that is very close to my heart. Kathy is probably rooting for Lindsay because she is a substitute teacher, and actually that is close to my heart also so either one would be ok.

But I don't see marriage in the future for either of them, just don't see this match ending in marriage.

Tiapet

Old Hand
I like AshLee and still like her and I think the hometown date showed something even more. Again, this year not watching spoilers so I could be very wrong, who knows. I think Sean's family ethic matches hers and their little "pastor" family link is neat too. If Cathy's sisters didn't say what they did I'd say she'd possibly the second runner up.

Kathy813

Staff member
I have read the spoilers to I won't mention my favorite because it is probably colored by the spoilers.

I do think it is interesting that AshLee was a difficult child. She made it clear that she and her adopted mom fought all of the time when she was in high school so she got married when she was still in high school to get away from home. That is difficult child behavior to me. It looks like they now have a very loving relationship which was good to see.

As far as Catherine, can you imagine the psychological baggage she must carry from watching her father try to committ suicide in front of her and her sisters? My heart broke for her when she was telling Sean the story about her father.

I still say that Sean is looking for a good little housewife. His comments about Catherine's independence bothered me.

~Kathy

DDD

Well, guys, I don't see any sparks flying but perhaps that's due to religious factors. Maybe the guy just is not the "sparky" type, lol. I'm guessing it is going to be Lindsay. Why? "Cause I have to guess somebody, lol.

The "big" news is that I stayed awake for the whole program last night. At least I saw what you all saw instead of having to catch up using On Demand. by the way I read in the paper this week that Emily and her new racecar boyfriend have broken up. DDD

Nancy

According to People magazine he is a born again virgin, resaving himself for marriage. So is Ashley so they are a good match. I thought the same thing about Ashley Kathy so it endeared me to her even more. The love between her and her dad especially is touching.

Poor Emily can't seem to keep a guy.

Kathy813

Staff member
I think Emily is very high maintenance. As far as the born-again virgin, I guess there is going to be a lot of talking going on in the Fantasy suites. LOL

~Kathy

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I've read the spoilers too, so I'll try to give equal comments to all.

Nancy, loved your "sealing your fate" comment. Boy, ain't that the truth! It will be interesting to hear in the "Women Tell All" episode what kind of backlash Desi's brother had to deal with. (I hope it was a lot!). I enjoyed hearing Sean say last night that he thought the brother was a jerk- because he was!

I was also surprised that Catherine's sisters basically backstabbed her, too.

Good point about AshLee being a difficult child. As sweet as she is now in these rosy-glow stages of their relationship, I can't help but wonder how her early deprivations will surface later. She is already a self-confessed control freak and seems to have some anxiety issues. Don't misunderstand, I certainly don't blame her but I don't think it would be an easy ride for AshLee and Sean over the long haul if he is looking for that "good little housewife."

To be fair, I don't really see any of the 3 in that housewife role.

I had to chuckle over the re-born virgin. I expect it is sincere and that Kathy is right- there will be a lot of conversation in the fantasy suites.

I guess the bottom line is that I think Ashlee is too serious for Sean...and Lindsey seems really immature to me for some reason. I think Sean and Catherine have a lot of superficial fun together but is there anything else...and I haven't seen any real heat between Sean and any of them. :(

Suz

DDD

What comes next? The island trip with the overnighters? Then the Bachelor Tells All? Lastly the ring ceremony? Seems like I "should" remember but not today, lol. DDD

Ephchap

My favorite was Leslie, and I was sad to see her go. I liked her from the first show, as she seemed so much more "normal" than most. I was sad he sent her home. Last night he made it sound like if she'd said, "I love you", he might have been going to her hometown. How ridiculous that these girls all feel the need to say those three words knowing he can't say them back, even if he wanted to. You could tell their last date was awkward, so I wasn't surprised to see him send her home.

I don't really see any true sparks with these last three either but I guess we will see.

Deb

Jody

Did anyone see the very end when they showed Sean taking a shower? I couldn't figure that out for the life of me. He's got muscles but so have a lot of other guys on the show, and they didn't feel the need to show them taking a shower. It was obvious he knew he was being recorded!!!!

DDD

I rather image at his age and with his beliefs, he likely takes more showers than most men his age. DDD

Kathy813

Staff member
After that From Here to Eternity scene on the beach with AshLee, I felt like I needed a shower. Is anyone else here old enough to know what I am talking about? LOL

Seemed awfully passionate and intimate for a born-again virgin.

~Kathy

Nancy

I missed that scene Kathy, I saw the scene with him and Lindsay on the beach that looks pretty steamy. Looks like AshLee freaks out in the cave. I don't think he will pick her because she is too needy. I don't see anything lasting with Catherine either and I agree that Lindsay seems too immature.

I wonder who wrote the letter that he gets standing at the proposal sight.

I don't see a match between any of them but I guess he does. I won't bet on how long it will last.