***The Bachelorette finale***

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Well, you know...they are both really decent guys and she couldn't lose with her choice of either one of them.

When the "voice over" kept saying that Jason made her feel safe and Jesse made her feel good about herself I knew she would pick Jesse.

I was weeping along with Jason when she broke his heart and I was weeping along with Jesse when she accepted his proposal.

I think Jesse won me over when he had tears running down his face at the thought that she might not accept his proposal and he wasn't the least bit embarrassed to expose himself like that.

They seem completely nuts about each other. I wish them well....and I hope Jason is the next bachelor and finds love of his own.

Suz

Tiapet

Old Hand
I am sooooo happy! :) I knew fairly early in the beginning that Jesse was the one I wanted for her. There was something about him. While it didn't appear they were a right match and all there was just that something there. I don't know how to explain it. It was like watching a little boy falling in love, true love, being scared for the first time in life (which it seems like it is for him). I've also come to realize that even though she shows this very hard exterior she is also very soft and Jesse is that rugged guy who doesn't need to "show" it off either.

I really think they will do well. Last night she was looking at him like he looked at her, truly in love. I think they will last, like Tristan and Ryan.

Sad about Jason but you know what, I have a funny feeling he might just be the next Bachelor! ;) We'll have to wait and see about that now won't we? lol

Nancy

I am really disappointed. I hope they are happy together, I really do. But I am so disappointed in her and the way she handled things. She has two men who truly were in love with her, Jeremy and Jason, who were completely taken off guard with her turning them down. That tells me that she really led them on.

A couple things that stick out in my mind is why did she make Jason swim with sharks? To see if he was danegrous or adventurous enough for her? She already decided she wanted Jesse so why put him through that. He has a three year old boy and she put him in a dangerous situation for what? I lost a lot of respect for her the past couple weeks and yesterday didn't change that.

Did you notice that when Jesse came to meet her Dad he had cut his hair? Right before that DeAnna was telling him Jesse had long hair and her Dad said he would have to get it cut. Then he shows up with shorter hair. Hmmmm seems like DeAnna already knew she was picking him and made a quick call to him to tell him to cut his hair.

Also Jason asked her Dad for his blessing and he was obviously very impressed with that. She asked him if Jesse asked him for her hand and he said no. Then the next day Jesse asks her father for her hand. Double hmmmmmmmmm.

She told Jason she didn't know who she was going to pick until that morning. I can't remember what she said at the end I'll have to go back and rewatch it, but it was obvious she had made her mind up earlier. That makes her making Jason go shark swimming even more disappointing. She takes Jesse on a romantic deserted island and Jason swimming with sharks.

The comment by Jason that he wished she had looked at him just once the same way she looked at Jesse and Graham said a lot. Then she goes on to say Graham isn't half the man Jason or Jesse are. So what was all the tears about when Graham left.

I think DeAnna is a woman who thinks she knows what she wants but has no idea. I think she wants to have the upper hand in any relationship and is threatened by anyone who appears to be strong and safe.

Jesse seems to be a good guy, I don't mean anything against him. I am just very disappointed in how she handled things and now there is a young boy who is affected, and two men who are painfully heartbroken. How could they have read the situation so wrong unless she is a very good actress.

I really don't want Jason to be the next bachelor. I don't think he will have any trouble finding dates after this show and I don't think there is any way he will find someone good enough for him in 25 women the show picks. He is much too good for that and deserves better than someone like DeAnna and her games.

Nancy

Nancy

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
That tells me that she really led them on.

Yeah Nancy, unfortunately that seems to happen with every season regardless of who is the bachelor/bachelorette. And it's not just the last one or two standing who weep when they are let go- especially when it's a bachelor letting women go.

By the time they get to the end, I think part of the problem is because they are told not to tell anyone how they really feel- not even their families or friends when the show airs. No doubt there are major monetary penalties if they breach that contract. I can't imagine that kind of pressure.

I was also struck by the difference in their last dates. I hear you about how dangerous swimming with sharks is (I sure wouldn't do it) but I expect they were surrounded by people protecting them with some kind of weapons.

Anyway, what struck me wasn't so much the danger but that she picked such a romantic setting to be with Jesse and a completely unromantic setting for Jason and I saw that as a clue to her true feelings. I wonder if the guys knew how different their last dates were?

Suz

Nancy

Yeah I do realize there are monetary concerns there. It just breaks my heart that Jason and Jeremy were so upset so she must not have given any signals and that seems to be a bit dishonest. I wish they hadn't put thank you on camera too, that whole thing kinda stinks.

I'm not sure if I can watch any more seasons of this. For some reason this one just kinda soured me.

Nancy

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I can understand that. This thread used to have lots of participants and now it appears that only you, Tia, and I are left watching. lol

I think sometimes we put women to higher standards. We expect broken hearts when guys are the bachelors but not when women are. on the other hand, my ex used to tell me how dense men are......makes me wonder if she sent up signals that they missed?

lol

Like I said at the start, I wept when Jason was let go and again when Jesse was accepted. It was definitely a heart wrencher last night.

Suz

Nancy

Oh now I remember what else struck me last night. Did you notice how DeAnna wouldn't let Jason kiss her outside at the car because she said he father could see them? I thought that was odd. I mean she is 26 years old and she's shy about kissing in front of her dad? She certainly wasn't shy about it on the show "after the rose".

Also I found out Jesse and his family are from Ohio, he went to vocational school outside Cleveland.

Also this was Jason's answer to a question in an interview today:

"The whole (marriage) proposal. The show made it look like I got down on my knee and she brought me right back up. I talked to her for a while down there. It was a lot longer of a process. I felt disrespected (by DeAnna). That is something I would never do to anybody. I wish they showed more of that moment."

I was pretty sure she left him down there quite a while from his comments on the after the rose show. I don't think that is veryt classy of her at all. At least I'm gald they edited it to preserve his dignity somewhat.

Nancy

anniek

Hi! I'm new here. The forum I, usually, post in had no one posting this season, so, I went searching. Nancy, I agree with everything you said on all your posts. I didn't like DeAnna on The Bachelor & was glad Brad turned her down. DeAnna is all about DeAnna, & I feel she thinks she's going to be able to control Jesse. She chose him 'cause he is new & different to what she is use to dating. I, really, don't think it's going to last. I could be wrong, but it might, just, be all for show where she's concerned. She's, too, self absorbed & used to getting what she wants. She thought she was, so, much better then anyone else on The Bachelor. What a shocker to her when Brad turned her down, too! in my opinion Jason is far, too, good for her. I liked him from Day One & was rooting for him, 'til a couple weeks ago. Then I realized, she was NOT good enough for him. I'm sorry he got hurt. I hurt for him, but he deserves, so, much better.

Abbey

Spork Queen
I am so envious of you guys. When do you find the time to watch an entire season of anything??? I need to find me some rich guy or a hidden treasure where I can watch Days of Our Lives and any other show I want.:sad-very:

Abbey