The Bachelorette Home Visits....what did you guys think?

DDD

I "almost" stayed awake for the whole show. Yeah, Me. Really all four families seemed aok and for the life of me I don't have a guess who the frontrunner is at this time. At least I don't hate any of them, lol. DDD

Nancy

I thought all the families were fine too, although I got the vibes that Chris's family didn't quite like this process. I guess that means she did a good job of vetting them. I bet she will end up with Jef just because I think he is the most unlikely. Maybe she is more like him than I thought but Sean's environment seems most like her own and he looks like the most likely match for her. I think he and his family are funny and she will fit in just fine.

I thought all along that Chris had a bad temper and some of his outbursts along the way made my antennas go up. He couldn't have been that surprised, I mean he always had his head down looking at his shoes during the rose ceremony. I think Emily was taken aback a bit when they were sitting on the bench talking after the ceremony. I'm so glad she didn't pick him. Everytime a family member tells the person to let them go early if they aren't going to chose them, they are the next to go lol.

So now I'm rooting for Sean. I think he is the best match for her and she fits in with his family great.

Next Monday I am going to be in Vegas and I doubt whether I will be in my room watching tv at that time so go ahead and post all about the show but I will not read it until I get back home and can watch it on DVR, and of course hope that I don't see anything on tv or the computer about what happened lol.

Nancy

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I wish we could see more outtakes of this show. I don't think I've ever seen Emily have a genuine belly laugh- the kind where tears stream down your face and you are afraid you will wet your pants. Maybe her veneers interfere with her lips. Maybe the botox won't allow it. It's the only thing I can think of except, well, maybe she just doesn't have a very good sense of humor. That's one of the things I really miss about being married. When my ex and I were good we could make each other laugh like that- until we were helpless with glee. So healing and wonderful.

I love Sean and I love his family. He has been my pick from the very first night. Their humor seems to be lost on Emily- or at least it seemed to be last night. She is such a "lady" or tries to be one (except when she's throwing the "f" word when none of the guys are around) that I was incredibly frustrated with that home visit. She went Miss Priss "tee hee" over a couple of things that really warranted a heartfelt guffaw. I mean really- an armadillo for dinner? I would have been weeping with hilarity, wouldn't you?

It is a very good thing that Chris is gone. It will be interesting to see him when they have the reunion to see if he sees his hot-head behavior the same way we do.

I don't feel one way or another about Arie.

Jef has been a surprise. He is very romantic but I still don't feel the "heat" between them. If he is Mormon, I think they are supposed to be virgins until marriage so that might explain some of the "chaste-ness" I feel when I see them together. Very nice young man and a very nice family. It could be that Miss (wannabe) Priss would fit in very well there.

Suz

Nancy

It could be that Miss (wannabe) Priss would fit in very well there./QUOTE]

You really don't like Emily do you? It's ok I just find it interesting. We have different views of people. I can't find anything I really don't like about her, but that's what makes us all different.

Nancy

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Nancy, I don't think it's that simple. As much as you want me to say I don't "like" her it's not that simple. I think she's just fine. I just think she is incredibly serious and is so intent on finding a husband and father for her daughter that I don't see any kind of personality or sense of humor. That's why I'd really like to see some outtakes. She has men falling all over for her but I don't understand why, except that she is pretty.

You might recall that the first time I sent you a private message 12 or 13 years ago it was because you said something I thought was really hilarious. It was your sense of humor and how much we would laugh that I found really appealing.

It's the same--- in reverse---with Emily. She has never made me laugh or shown any personality so, although I think she is just fine, she is not someone I would choose for a friend.

Suz

Nancy

No I don't recall that 12 years ago but hey I'm glad I was funny back then but then I honestly I don't recall much of anything lately. I don't think I'm nearly that hillarious 12 years later so I guess that makes me not as interesting or likeable, or just plain old.

I don't "want" you to say you don't like her. It's an observation that if you "like" someone you don't call them "Miss (wannabe) Priss"

It's Ok I'm really not upset or trying to start anything or trying to be difficult or anything like that, just making an observation of someone that is pretty and not full of drama or a comedian or a tramp or slutty and how somehow she still gets a lot of criticism. I find her a normal person who happens to be pretty and well to do and wants to find a husband and father for her daughter and that's just not that strange to me because I bet a lot of guys try to come onto her because she is pretty and well off and they aren't real and she's sick of it and who knows if she's had botox but so what.

I often find myself out of step with what others think of people so it's not really a surprise.

Nancy

DDD

Changing the subject a little bit, lol, have we ever "seen" Emily's family? I recall seeing the inside of her home. I clearly remember her friends and their children at the park but does she have a Mom/Dad, sisters? or brothers? Seems like that would influence her decision.

Also, I think I would hesitate to join a family that communicated in a language that I didn't know. I felt uncomfortable for her when she sat there with no clue what was being said. Sigh. by the way, I don't think she is going to opt for Sean. I think she's more attracted to a more slender and romantic type. We'll see. I am SO glad that we don't have any wretched contestants this time. LOL DDD

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I don't know anything about her family. I have no idea if she has brothers or sisters or if her parents are a part of her life. There has been a lot of press about Ricki's other set of grandparents/family but I don't recall anything about hers. It will be interesting to see that part when it's her turn to take the guys home.

I agree that Jef might surprise us and win her hand! I remember Trista's season when I was crazy about Charlie and thought Ryan was too shy for Trista (he would write her poetry, tho)...and she picked Ryan and they had a real live love affair going but most of it was behind the scenes so we didn't see it. And they are still happy- YAY!

Suz

Kathy813

Staff member
I thought that her mother was in one of the early episodes in Charlotte. She was in Emily's house helping take care of Ricki. She looks like an older version of Emily.

Emily also mentioned that she had a brother in the last episode.

Nancy . . . have fun in Vegas! I'm jealous.

~Kathy

DDD

Hmmmmmmm.....that wouldn't be half bad "looking like an older version of Emily". I just look like an older version of DDD. :rolleyes:

Tiapet

Old Hand
As of Monday I am on fence on who I would like her to be with. I like both Sean and Jeff for her. I think Sean is older and a good match as is his family and she seems like she "more" fits in with his family and lifestyle over all. But then there is Jeff, he seems to bring out a very different side of her and he does seem to be "all in" for the right reasons and yes, a bit on the youngish side for her but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Airy seems to be out of the running even though they do have "something" going on between them I just don't think it's the type of thing that's going to be life long and meant for family with Ricki involved if that makes any sense?

I now do know who she picks and yes, she is still engaged to him. Not saying who.

For those who asked about her family, I found a picture that shows apparently mom, dad and a brother from 2004. I don't know if she has any other family members or not. Here it is in case you are curious. All the before pictures of her pre-plastic surgery and now are quite different. I think I liked her more before then after.

It also seems that the reason for the filming in Charlotte was to appease the the grandparents of Ricki due to the huge rift going on between Emily and them over all this reality TV she's doing. Family and friends have said that it has changed her, not for the good either. She did end up getting $150,000 for doing the show not the $750,000 reported that she asked for. Apparently ABC aggressively pursued her to come back and she used that as a bargaining tool to gain a little for herself, not that I'm saying anything bad against her for doing it (it's her life that has been and will be continued to be disrupted even more then the first time she did this).

There has been many a rumor of things with her. From her going back to Brad briefly over this round of Bachlorette due to the intensity to lean on him (she didn't stay with him), to getting involved with Chris the host (since he stated she was the most beautiful women he's ever seen - after he had broken off his marriage with wife). Many, many things.

I don't hate her, I don't even dis-like her anymore. I have found some redeeming qualities in her. It will just be interesting to see, in the end, how it all plays out in the long run with her choice.

DDD

Tiapet I think it is SO cool how you can insert sites in your posts and seem to be so darn smart. thanks for the update. I have not read the personal details of Emily's life choices but :) as an overly protective grandmother I can well imagine her family being frightened about the exposure. I also haven't read why to heck she would have cosmetic surgery at such a young age. on the other hand I do hope she ends up with a "good guy" for the long run. My gut would indicate Sean would be the correct choice but, lol, I made my own marital choices so can't blame her for doing the same. DDD

exhausted

So late on this thread and I really dont know any of the dirt-was suprized how much you all know....
I don't like her. My gut tells me she isnt looking for a husband really though I do believe she doesn't want to hurt in anyone in her money gathering experience...but will anyway. She isnt real and I don't like what little we see of the relationship between her and her daughter-she talks to her like a baby. She even picks her up like you would a 3 year old.
That said-she has three nice men standing-they all seem really sincere and all have something they offer and bring out in her. If I were them I would run!

Jody

I remember seeing Emily's mom serving her breakfast in bed. It must be something that is passed down. The pampered princess type of mentality. I know if I left my child with my mom (which by the way, I would never do) for an extended time period. I would be serving my mom breakfast in bed, not her serving me. Arie's family was quite rude speaking another language in front of her. That was so crazy, I couldn't believe it. That spells bad manners and problems for me. I like Jeff, but the hair, oh my, I want to do something with it. He is a nice guy though. They almost seem like pals though, not lovers or potential husband and wife. Sean, seems like a good guy, I just don't see them together at all.
The before pictures of Emily barely even look like her. What a difference. I guess we'll see in a few weeks!!!

Nancy

That picture from 2004 means she was what 17-18? Eight years later and makeup would make most of us look different. I see pics of the stars without makeup and I can't recognize them, they don't look anything like when they have makeup on. I think Arie's family was rude too and I agree she looks more like best friends with Jef instead of lovers.

I honestly don't think she is in this for the money but then everyone of the bachelors/bachelorettes would be subject to the same criticism. Maybe Sean is in it to promote his insurance business. And if he really is a good guy and does want her and she's a money hungry princess then I guess he's a bad judge of character. I don't believe any of the rumors out there about her and Chris or her and Brad at all, it's all drama to get us to watch or read.

I'm trying to remember what we thought about Andrew Firestone when he was on and if we didn't like him because he was wealthy and hot. Of course I can't remember that far back.

Nancy

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
It seems that being on the show can be very lucrative. No idea if this is true, of course, but worth a read:

http://www.wetpaint.com/the-bachelo...h-money-do-the-bachelor-and-bachelorette-make

Are the guys/girls into this for publicity and money? It's probably a coin toss as to who is and who isn't.

Reality Steve had a column a couple of weeks ago about Ryan, who used his notoriety from The Bachelorette, to get a job as a bikini judge in Las Vegas. Apparently Ryan even invited the press to cover his job. Sean, on the other hand, had done a couple of things locally (Dallas?) and I can't remember the details (Nancy, my memory stinks, too) but I remember practically swooning because they were so sweet. He did not invite the press and did not have an entourage. As with every series, there are good guys and bad guys. I am guessing that Reality Steve has snoops all over the country and that's how he gets his information. For as long as I've been reading his column he has rarely been wrong.

And if Reality Steve is right, I now know the winner. Not telling! :devil:

Suz

Last edited: