The Bachelorette . . . this thread is for Nancy.

Kathy813

Staff member
Okay, Nancy. Here is the Bacherlorette thread. I have to admit that Emily grew on me a little bit last night. She didn't seem so plastic last night and they toned down the brassy blonde hair.

Anyone else watching? Any early favorites among the guys?

~Kathy

Nancy

Awww thanks Kathy, I was afraid I would be talking to myself. I liked the guy who ran a sports camp for kids but I don't remember what his name was or even if he was given a rose. To early to tell some of the others, but from the looks of the previews there's a guy in there with no good intentions.

Nancy

Kathy813

Staff member
Well, Nancy, it looks like its just you and me. Where's Suz when you need her?

Luckily, DDD, will be back soon and you two can stick up for Emily. LOL

~Kathy

Tiapet

Old Hand
I'm in. I watch it too. I didn't like Emily before and I still don't like Emily now really. I find it really interesting that they up and moved the whole taping to Charlotte just for her (because of having her daughter) when in past they have never done that before. It was always that same old mansion that they had the meeting. If I recall correctly they talked of her daughter having a nanny too their (Emily stated daughter liked the nanny better then her at that point). Hello? You have all these guys hanging around there AND you have your kid there too? You can't tell me this kid is not privy to all that is going on? I don't care how BIG the mansion is, this kid is going to see stuff. In previews they show her daughter along the trips as well! I'm not liking that either.

As far as they guys, there was 2 of them I swore were on other seasons, 1 was definitely no good but it looks like she already eliminated him so I'm not even going to bother with figuring out his name. In previews of what's to come it looks like Sean stays pretty far into it. There is also another dark haired one. I'm thinking it might be Doug, Ryan, Chris or John.

There was one that also had a 12 year old son that he left behind. Seemed like a connection but then again it's what they lead us to believe. Forget who that was. At this point it's too early for me to pick a favorite at all.

Kathy813

Staff member
I read that Emily and Ricki are living in their house and that the men are staying in the mansion. I don't think Ricki has been to the mansion or knows what is going on. I do know that she does take Ricki on some of the trips but again I am not sure how much interaction there will be with the guys.

I have also read that there will be no overnight dates. If that is true, I have gained new respect for Emily.

~Kathy

Nancy

Yay Kathy, I'll make you a convert yet! It's true from what I read, she will not do overnight dates. And the reason it's in Charlotte is because she did not want to be away from her daughter. I think the producers of the show were extending a lot of respect to her because of the situation with her daughter and actually I'm glad it's not in that mansion this time. She mentioned that she wanted Ricky to be involved somewhat because any man she considers marrying has to meet with Ricky's approval too. I have always found her to be a very dedicated mom who has put her daughter first above everything.

Have I mentioned that I love Emily?

Nancy

Kathy813

Staff member
Now, now, let's not get carried away. She still reminds me of a lot of the fake, sweet southern girls that I know and she looks like a freaking Barbie doll. I'll just give her the benefit of the doubt for now.

~Kathy

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
She still reminds me of a lot of the fake, sweet southern girls that I know and she looks like a freaking Barbie doll.:

Hi Ladies, I'm here so Kathy is not alone in her disdain for Emily!

I've had a devil of a time tonight with the board not wanting to open for me. (?) Very annoying!

At any rate, I was bored, bored, bored Monday night. While the show was on I was on the computer, played with the dogs, and then played solitaire. At work the next day I polled the other 2 who usually watch the show...one fell asleep and the other one forgot! lol

I scoped out Reality Steve to see what he knows. If his final 3 is really who ends up being the final 3 then I was right about 2 of the 3 that I liked right off. Good for me! :) He didn't have the winner yet so I'll check back later.

He also said that they were supposed to spend 30 of the days in Charlotte but in fact only stayed 10 days before they went off to foreign places. He also said that she didn't do the overnight dates.

I guess he's being sued for letting the cat out of the bag on the show. It seems to me that the people getting sued should be the leaks on the show itself.

Suz