The Big Day - Monday

jal

Just an update on difficult child. Everything is in place for him to start the new school (out of district placement) on Monday. The more I visit the program the better I feel. I really think this is going to make a world of difference for him. They hired his para and already begun picking up on things from him when we last visited. There are definately major sensory issues which they will be addressing. We finally bit the bullet an applied for DCF voluntary services. We were accepted. We have begun working a clinician and therapist in home a couple of days a week and we also qualified for respite services. They too are seeing the sensory issues. We are weaning off Nortriptyline as poor difficult child is suffering from itchiness as a side effect. Poor kid looks at times like he is swatting off flies. So far that is going well. Now we wait to see how this new chapter goes. I am praying that this new environment and the things they can offer him will really help him to blossom.

KTMom91

It sounds like this will be a wonderful new beginning for him! Hugs and prayers that Monday goes well.

Jena

I just wanted to wish you the best for Monday. It sounds like you have done so much and have all the things properly lined up for him

I hope he has a great experience monday.

smallworld

Good luck on Monday. It sounds like you've made a lot of progress for your difficult child. I'll be looking for your update next week.