The bra story...

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Trinity... Maybe I should be evaluated for Sensory Integration Disorder (SID) too... Because you just described me!!!!! If my wet hair even touches my back before I have clothes on - UGH!

Now I do have to say the lotion thing? My HANDS are okay with it, just not anywhere else. So I warm it up that way. I also use super-thick homemade lotion - it's silkier and for some reason warms faster. But the gooey feeling - UGH!

trinityroyal

Trinity... Maybe I should be evaluated for Sensory Integration Disorder (SID) too... Because you just described me!!!!!

It's probably worth looking into. It explained away so much of what was called "prima-donna behaviour" when I was a little girl.

Now I do have to say the lotion thing? My HANDS are okay with it, just not anywhere else. So I warm it up that way. I also use super-thick homemade lotion - it's silkier and for some reason warms faster. But the gooey feeling - UGH!

Can barely stand to put lotion on my hands either. Usually, once I've whined enough about how my skin hurts, husband holds me down and puts the lotion on while I squirm and whine about the icky lotion.

Sadly, Little easy child has the same Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and Sensory Integration Disorder (SID) thing, as well as the wretched skin. So when I have to paint him up with the skin lotion, we BOTH squirm and wriggle, and flap around the house while shouting "Ick Ick Yuck." From the early signs, Baby B has it as well, so eventually we will have a conga line.

Sigh...

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Lotion doesn't bother me so long as I can bear the scent of the stuff, or use unscented.

My Sensory Integration Disorder (SID) manifests with major food texture problems and with those dratted tags they put into clothing.

Those damned tags feel like someone is branding me as if I were a cow--literally like they are burning hot.

I'm glad they are going to printing the tag info directly onto the inside of the item instead of putting in tags. Saves me hassling to rip the tags out.

Worst of all? Back in the days when they used "invisible thread" in clothing collars and the like. Stuff is basically fine fishing line, and it made me miserable.

Abbey

Spork Queen
I don't know that my bra would fit in the microwave. haha...actually it's a teeny tiny one. Never would of thought of that. I rarely wear one so it's not a big issue.

Don't iron - EVER.

If it ain't dry, I choose another outfit.

The visual of your bra going up in flames it too damn funny. Oh, and the tennis shoes in the oven - ewwwww.

Abbey

trinityroyal

GN, I completely agree with you about the clothing tags. Between me, difficult child 1 and Little easy child, we have a collection of T-shirts with destroyed necks from where we ripped the tags off. Having the information printed right on the fabric is so much better.

Abbey, it was like a bad movie. It even made that Foomp noise that things do when they catch fire.