The cold weather may come in handy!

Andy

Our garage door has decided not to open when it gets extremely cold. It will close on its own but needs some help opening.

When I leave in the morning, I have difficult child push the button while I help push the door up.

easy child did not have someone to help do that and it stops too fast to try to push the button and run to the door. She had to disengage the garage door opener, open the garage door, back her vehicle out and close the garage door when she left this morning. (Don't you just love it when divas have to deal with real life issues on their own?)

Tonight she was a a friends house that I don't think she should be at. So, to get her home, I told her that if she wanted help getting into the garage, she had to be home by a certain time otherwise she will need to come in the house, disengage the door and open it herself.

She came home in time for me to help with the door! This is too good to be true. I hope it lasts all winter! If this continues, I will be just fine in our below zero freezing temperatures. I'm here to stay! Brrrrrrrr but a happy brrrrrr!

Andy

:rofl:

Yep neither blizzard nor flooding nor fair weather will keep this one home. However, if she wants her vehicle in a garage at night and help doing so, it just might get her home at a halfway decent time.

She just came up and asked me to help open it - she was running late to get to work (babysitting for friends in school). I helped her open the door and she left. She returned within 10 minutes - no one was answering the door or phone at her friend's house so she doesn't know what is going on. She left her vehicle outside.