The doctor called!!!!!!!!

susiestar

Roll With It
My primary care doctor called. Not her nurse. The doctor herself.

Partly because I am such an "interesting patient" . I don't think she means my personality, LOL!!

She wants to do more blood work, so she is sure she isn't missing something.

Yeah!!!

I asked about seeing an endocrinologist. She thought that was wonderful. She also thought the one that my mom saw is the best choice!!

So she will have her nurse pull all the paperwork and then get this in gear. Said to call next week if I haven't heard anything by then!

She wants to push this through quickly because the calcium is "just running away from your bones". (NOT a reassuring statement, but well said.) She did say of hte bone medications she prefers Actonel because of the way it works. so I know what to ask about when I see the doctor!

And she is getting the sleep study set up!

I am muchly relieved. I do appreciate all your advice, and will keep following up.

Susie

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
An actual call from a Doctor......wow, I'm impressed.....Hope more answers are forthcoming!!!!! Off to a good start.....keep us posted.

witzend

That's great news! I'm glad that you stuck with your gut and got the doctor to take you seriously. Sometimes it is helpful to have something that is a little unusual when you really need someone to listen. I imagine they get tired of listening to the same old "sore throat" "back ache" every day.

JJJ

I love my doctors, I get more calls from them than the nurses. It sounds like you have a good one too!!

If you are having trouble with calcium, you should stop drinking pop (or anything carbonated). It causes you to lose calcium.

I hope you get better soon.

susiestar

Roll With It
I have an AMAZING doctor! When I first found out my autoimmune system was attacking my thyroid (about a year ago) it was the rheumy who told me. he explained it, but I wanted to let my reg doctor know. I left the usual message, and probably sounded upset. Dr. E called me then and was very reassuring that this was treatable. She also said that if the autoimmune was going to attack an organ or gland, this was a good one because there ARE good replacement thyroid hormones. It was very reassuring.

Star, I am not sure HOW sick I am, I jsut know that I have a great doctor!

JJJ, I was not aware of the carbonation/calcium thing, thank you. I will cut out the sodas.

Hugs to all of you. You really ARE my family, and I love you.

Susie

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Susie

You should also have them check out your kidneys. Won't hurt anyway, while they're at it.

Glad you have a doctor that listens.

Hugs

Wiped Out

Staff member
What a great doctor! Glad you are going to see the endo!

Your doctor was very right about autoimmune system attacking the thyroid. Mine has attacked three gland-the easiest to treat has definitely been the thyroid!