The Doghouse

R

runawaybunny

The Doghouse:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Twivg7GkYts"]YouTube - Beware of the Doghouse- Hilarious![/ame]

susiestar

Roll With It
I LOVE this!!!!

But I feel like I am handicapped. How do I know when to send husband to the Doghouse when I had a bad role model? My mother was THRILLED the year my dad got her not 1, but 2 garbage cans for Mother's Day. Because they were on WHEELS.

Wheels. All it took.

She was truly, literally THRILLED!

So, how do I know if I am doing it right, this wifely job of raising a husband? I must look to you, my Warrior-Sisters for guidance.

(PS I am SOOOO not making it up about the garbage cans.)

mstang67chic

Going Green
Simple, if the practical gifts don't thrill you and you don't get shiny things occasionally......then you may need to step up the training.

Do you have a "look" that will make husband quake? Do you have a phrase that alerts him that perhaps you aren't as taken with that comment as he thought you would be? Does your husband learn from past mistakes? (Ok so that one could be relative. He IS a man afterall so that that one with a grain of salt)

Sometimes things will require the look AND a quiet comment or two but usually, once you have the technique down, you will see results. Case in point: I started a job once that meant I didn't get home till 6:00pm while husband was off work by 3:30pm. Within a couple of weeks of starting the job, I came home one evening to find husband dozing on the couch. When I came in and he greeted me, he asked what I was going to THAW OUT for supper. In reply, he got a pause, the look and a calm comment regarding the different times we arrived home and what could be done by the earlier person to assist the later person. Said in the right tone, these comments can be quite effective as was the case here. You'll know you have it right when their eyes widen a bit and dart around looking for the nearest exit.