The Dreaded Phone Call

pasajes4

I shared our beloved board members story with my son when he called. Let's just say that his reaction left me wanting to reach through the phone. I also found out that the house he robbed was on the street where I live. It is the home of his childhood friend, and my son has the @#$$% to want to know if they are mad at him?

TerryJ2

So, does he "get" why certain things happen, reg the info you shared? Seems like if he asked if the neighbors are mad, he doesn't "get" a lot of stuff he should comprehend at that age.

DammitJanet

Pas, your son is 15 and he doesnt think anything can happen to him. All teens think they are big, bad and invincible. They are all convinced they can take on the world and win. Why should they be mad at him? They used to be friends right?

My son stole from Tony's cousin and tried to lie to us when the evidence was in his ear! He stole an earring from their house and forgot he was wearing it. Dummy. He too wanted to know why they wouldnt let him go back over there anymore! Gee, I wonder why?

TerryJ2

Strength to you, Pasajes.

Janet, your son wearing the earring and denying he took it reminds me of difficult child holding the Quaker Oat wrappers in his fist last night and pretending not to know why I wanted to talk to him and why he was picked up from his girlfriend's house with-o warning. :(

pasajes4

They kept him. There was no question that they would not keep them according to the judge. This is not his first case of theft. He will stay there until his trial in January. The juvenile system here is pretty good. He will get excellent psychiatric care and medical care through the University Hospital system. The psychiatrist contacted me as soon as he reached his mod to discuss medications and other concerns. He is scheduled for daily sessions and can access a therapist 24 hours a day.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Well, he's going to have a long time to consider the choices he made. In addition, he'll may get the exact help he needs right now and you can take the next 2+ months to get some well deserved rest! It may be an opportunity rather then just another mess he got himself into. I hope you can have a peaceful and quiet night tonight and get back to an 'uneventful' calm life now...............

pasajes4

He is 16. Once he turns 17 he will face charges as an adult. They don"t get the kind of help that he can get in juvie. The court system is really dedicated to try to turn these kids around.

TerryJ2

Wow, that's the best of a bad situation. I am so glad the psychiatrist called you immediately.
Fingers crossed!