The Explosive Child, a question

TPaul

Idecor8
Hey everyone,
A quick question, are the newer editions like the 2005 version any differnt than the earlier versions. Looking on Ebay and found about 3 or 4 differnt date editions, and wanted to ask before getting.
Thanks
T. Paul

Mandy

Parent In Training
I don't think there is a difference except for maybe the "basket" choices are called something else in the newer versions... or it's vice versa:D

I went online to amazon when I bought all my books so I am not sure which version I have??

klmno

I'm not sure but I'd go for the newer version. Remember, you can tweak the methods for your own child and situation after reading the book and getting the hang of the concepts.

Marguerite

I found the versions quite different, but still heading in the same direction. I would get the newest one, but get older ones out of the library to see the difference.

I found the newer edition easier physically to read - it's a well-made softcover, it wears well (from kicking around the bedroom floor or the car, so I have it on hand when I need to refresh my memory!).

There was stuff in earlier editions that didn't seem to have the same focus, in the later one. PLus new stuff I really like, I wish I'd known it earlier.

Mandy, whichever edition you have (and it should say, unles it's the first edition) then try to read the others if you can. But they're all good...

Marg