The Explosive Child

B

BeachPeace

To anyone who has not read this book, please please do so. I kept seeing this book over and over in threads here so I picked it up.
1/2 way through I felt like crying - when I finished the book, I did cry. It was the first time someone has written for me how to understand my difficult child children's behavior. Anyway, as a newbie here I want to send a big THANK YOU to everyone who mentioned this book!!!

Also -
Blue had a bump up in his Abilify this week and we are having much better days with no meltdowns/tantrums. I hope it lasts, fingers crossed.

tiredmommy

So glad Blue is having better days! I really love what The Explosive Child did for my family: it cut down on the battles so that I could parent my child.

TerryJ2

I'm so glad Blue is doing better on the medications, and that the book is working for you. What a great note of confidence. Hugs.

susiestar

Roll With It
It IS an amazing book, isn't it? I am glad it is helping you. I found it almost impossible to really help my child until I understood why he was behaving the way he did.

When you can, pick up a copy of Dr. Riley's book, "What Your Explosive Child is Trying To Tell You'" . It will add to what you have learned in The Explosive Child. If you search the site for Dr. Doug Riley you will find threads about it. He came to us and told us about the book when it was published. He has a lot of helpful info on the threads and in the book.

I hope things continue to improve for your family!

Marguerite

I reckon we should ask Dr Greene for commission, we mention the book so much! But there is no financial vested interest, we recommend it because for us, it helps.

Marg

TerryJ2

When you can, pick up a copy of Dr. Riley's book, "What Your Explosive Child is Trying To Tell You'" . It will add to what you have learned in The Explosive Child. If you search the site for Dr. Doug Riley you will find threads about it. He came to us and told us about the book when it was published. He has a lot of helpful info on the threads and in the book.

Definitely!
He's got great stuff.