The fair

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I guess I should be thankful for the 3 good hours we had. They were very good and I enjoyed my son very much.

The remainder of the time, I was praying for it to be over.

We had to stop twice on the way home and remove him from the car for repeatedly throwing shoes at the driver.

My mom is seriously asking if they still use tranquilizers. She said its easy not to notice how "abnormal" we are until we're out in public, then its glaringly obvious.

We are home, I am thankful I went cause mom wouldn't have made it on her own. I am thankful for the 3 hours, and I am thankful we are home and I want to crawl in a hole and cry.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Shari,
I'm glad you got three good hours. I'm sorry the others were so bad. My difficult child doesn't do well with car or bus rides that are long (heck, sometimes not even short ones). Do something nice for you tonight. You deserve it. Sending gentle hugs your way.

B

bran155

Aaah, I am so sorry. Glad you had at least a few good hours. You must be drained and exhausted. Try to get some rest, you so deserve it. Stay out of that hole though.:)

Hang in there.

Andy

I am sorry the day ended like it did. It is so frustrating when you are having a good day and then difficult child falls apart. Why is it that too much of a good thing isn't good applies to so many of our difficult children?

Maybe he became overwhelmed after the three hours. Couldn't process any more of the fair activity even though he enjoyed it?

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Sounds too familiar. Nothing makes it easy. K can barely last over an hour at times. Too much chaos, stimulus and noise! The fair is scary, you are brave!

M

ML

Glad you had those three hours but sorry to hear the rest of the day was so difficult. I hope you are unwinding and taking it ez this evening!