The fine line between

JJJ

Somedays it is very hard to find the fine line between what he can't do and what he chooses not to do...

Last edited:

gcvmom

Here we go again!
We're talking Tigger, right?

I think even easy child's can struggle with behaviors that are hard to distinguish between what they cannot do and what they choose to not do. A lot depends on their age, maturity, and ability to articulate what's bothering them.

JJJ

Mostly Eeyore...with Tigger it is still pretty obvious when he can't vs won't d o something.

Just a frustrating day dealing with him today.

crazymama30

I agree. He is at a difficult age too, at least from what I have seen with easy child. Hugs, and take lots of deep breaths.

daralex

Clinging onto my sanity
I have learned over time that it will always be difficlut to tell if difficult child is lazy or really just doesn't get it. I really think it's a combo of both!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well wait till you get him some sidewalk chalk and he calls you outside to look at a chalk line and says "Momma - is that the fine line you keep talking about?"

Yeah - son - that's it.

HUGS

daralex

Clinging onto my sanity
Star - that made me laugh so hard!! I know the feeling! When difficult child was about 6 I told her in the car to hang on - she said hang on to what?

Those are clear moments of just not getting it!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
They're so literal.

Talking to difficult child 2 yesterday & grumping about him getting up at 6:15 AM. He looks at me and says...

"No I didn't. I got up at 6:13."

I'd laugh if I wasn't nuts.