The freezer returns. Check in with your frigid weather.

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by MidwestMom, Jan 24, 2009.

1. SomewhereOutThere

SomewhereOutThere Well-Known Member

Right now it is warmer than it has been all day. It's 1 degree with a wind chill of about thirty below zero. I snuggled up and stayed inside today, something I can't do tomorrow, and it is still supposed to be freezing. And that's supposed to last into the week. I hope it warms up by next weekend. My son has a tournament for Special Olympics and we all have to watch it outdoors :laugh:. is your neck of the woods?

I REFUSE REFUSE REFUSE to read taunting, mean-spirited posts from those who live in those warm weather regions :redface: J/K
  2. Jena

Jena New Member

Cold!! Burrr....... i'Tourette's Syndrome 23 and going down and with windshield thingy they say something like 5? i hope the weather warms up for him, outside boy that's rough!!
  3. SomewhereOutThere

Heh. I don't consider 23 cold ;)
  4. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

Our temp is currently 18 degrees. I dunno about windchill. I looked at the forecast and it appears we'll be in the 20's. Although I'm not so sure I trust yahoo weather. lol Oh, and we're supposed to get more snow, but they don't say how much, over the next several days.
  5. Andy

Andy Active Member

I share Midwest's weather. I drove to Fargo this morning and decided to be on the safe side I should fill the van up before returning home. My fingers were sooooo cold just those very few minutes of running the pump and walking inside. (I know, I know, "Where are your gloves?" - I so hate gloves though I do have them for extended times outside.)

We then drove 2 hours to Brainerd to see my parents. The van stayed very warm. :) I am hoping for tad warmer weather in the next few days before filling up again but 5 hours of driving today on one tank, I am not sure how much further I can go.

Teeth chattering, finger freezing, toe crying weather. Marg, we need your heat ASAP. How about a little trade? Some of our cold for some of your hot? Just enough to make it perfect for all of us?
  6. mstang67chic

mstang67chic Going Green

I just called time and temp and as of now (9:50pm on Saturday) it's 12 degrees but I don't know about a wind chill. It's supposed to get down to around 1 tonight with a high tomorrow of around 20 ish...give or take.

Yesterday was really nice, relatively speaking. I'm not sure what the high was but it was warm enough that the snow was melting.

I can't wait for spring!
  7. Josie

Josie Active Member

I know you won't consider this cold, but it is 38 here and I am chilled to the bone! Yesterday, it was 80 so it really feels cold here now.
  8. SomewhereOutThere

At this time, I think of 10 degrees as moderate--it's been THAT kind of winter ;)
    So I take it that the Midwest is the place with the frigid temps this time and not the East. I am glad the entire country isn't in the deep freeze again.
    How about Canadians??
  9. crazymama30

crazymama30 Active Member

It is snowing this morning, and the temp is 23. We are supposed to have snow showers all day (light ones) with accumulations of up to 2 inches. It was so spring like for the last month, it is weird to see that it is actually still winter. Not too cold though, it has been much colder.
  10. Kjs

Kjs Guest

I have no idea what wind chill is, but the time/temperature thing says it is -5.

I am ready for spring.
  11. ML

ML Guest

It was another springlike day here yesterday but today the big W is back. 15 now with an expected high of 23. It's a bit of a shock. Getting me walks in will be a real challenge this week.
  12. Woofens

Woofens New Member

Friday here was in the 50's. It was beautiful. Right now it is 18 with snow coming. I'm so tired of winter already.
  13. SRL

SRL Active Member

It's a balmy 6 degrees in my neck of the woods. We had light snow cover this morning and with little wind it actually doesn't feel all that cold out there.
  14. SomewhereOutThere

SRL, do you have your bikini on? ;)

We're all the way up to 0 right now. And it's not supposed to get warmer in the days ahead.
    I wish spring would last all year. I don't lot HOT HOT weather either :sick: I'm so never happy :sad-very:
  15. dreamer

dreamer New Member not too far from you. paper this morn was sad. a 17 yo died of hypothermia here as did another man. its been so bone penetrating cold 3 f felt balmy. yeesh. but...i fear spring could bring its own ravishing weather this year. once these giant mountains of snow melt....look out
  16. dreamer

dreamer New Member

paper also reminded me of our freak devastating tornado last jan. right now its kinda calm...those wicked floods rainstorms record breakers of everykind in all extremes all in one week last month kept us so on our toes that right now it feels calm even if it is still so frigid. brrrrr
  17. 30 and searching

30 and searching New Member

MWM, last night at 10:00, I was watching the news, and I saw the temp go from 2 degrees to 0 at 10:07! That was depressing! This up coming weekend is supposed to be in low 20's, looking forward to the heat wave!