The game was too much for difficult child

Andy

Vikings lost! :(

Wonder if his reaction would have been this intense if it was a noon game? It is not past his normal bedtime but the game was stressful. I could tell by the facebook entries throughout that even adults were on edge. I didn't watch it but kept tabs on the action through the facebook postings and difficult child would sometimes message me from his I-Touch (he was watching it with his dad in husband's office downstairs.)

He is in his room crying himself to sleep repeating over and over how stupid the referee's calls were. He says there are kids in school who are Saints fans who will be rubbing it in. I told him to let them be happy for the win and to know that the Vikings put up a very good fight for the win. It was a great play-off game. I will ask husband to talk to him about it.

difficult child needs to learn how to be a fan! Though I am sure there are grown ups who are also crying themselves to sleep!

babybear

I can imagine. That was a very stressful game! :anxious: And I am not a football fan!

Hopefully difficult child feels better in the morning!

wethreepeeps

I'm a Saints fan and I had an adult friend un-friend me on facebook after the game, for "crowing with pride about a team that purposefully injured Brent Favre because it was the only way they could win". Emotions are running very, very high. Maybe you could tell difficult child what a morale booster it is for the people of New Orleans, who are still living with the effects of Hurricane Katrina, that their team is finally going to the Superbowl? The Saints are one of only five NFL teams that have never been.

DammitJanet

Tell him I was upset too. I was ticked about the bad call on Brett. That Brady call should have been made but it wasnt. BUT....the Vikings did make other bonehead moves that took them out of scoring contention. They did have so many other chances to score that just didnt work out. If they could have just made that last field goal! But just is such a big word!

It is just a game really. There has to be a winner and a loser. Always will be.

Now we move on. Interesting that it has come down to the two teams that were the best and undefeated most of the season. I guess it was fate all along.

M

ML

I have to learn to be a better fan too. I was upset for Brett as well. But like others have said, I'm going to focus on the fact that they deserve some good stuff after Katrina and that it's good to seem them finally make the big game. Hug difficult child and tell him to remember it's just a game, like bowling. And to wish his friends good luck and sometimes being gracious helps us feel better.

on the other hand... (and this is a joke).... MY ex husband used to say "you show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser. DO NOT tell this to difficult child lol.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Andy--

Some people take their sports VERY seriously....and to get overly-emotional over a game is not un-common--especially in certain necks of the woods.

Hopefully, he'll get over it by Super-Bowl time!

--DaisyFace

DammitJanet

Dont they Daisy...lol. You dont want to get on the wrong side in the Gamecock/Clemson rivalry...lol. You could lose a limb!

Andy

LOL - yep, all kids go through the learning how to loose graciously. The best time for him to learn now is from role modeling of the sports fans around him.

We woke up to a blizzard and no school so that has turned his mood around. He is very happy! :)