The good, great and ugly of Steph's Graduation.

Mom2oddson

The Good - She Did It!!! She is now a high school graduate!

The Great - She got a $1,000 scholarship to any school she wants!!!!

And the Ugly - she really made her Dad angry with this one. As each kid got their diploma they also got two flowers to give out to someone that mean a lot to them. In front of me, she gave it to the Mom of the kid she lived with for a few months - with a huge hug and a "I love you so much, thanks for everything". For me - it stung for a few seconds but it's also what I'm used to with my kids. To husband - ooohhhh - husband was very offended and MAD! Right now, he thinks she is the most inconsiderate kid out there.

It's a good thing that she decided to stay out with friends tonight or there would of been a huge fight. Hopefully, husband can calm down before tomorrow.

Lothlorien

I'd be pretty stinking mad too. I'm glad you are able to detach so well. I'm not sure I would have been able to do the same. :bow:

Mom2oddson

My detachment failed at midnight when I couldn't get my mind to stop thinking about it and sleep!

Mentally I can accept that it is what it is. This is just Steph. She didn't too it to spite me and purposely hurt me. I'm just that after thought in life.

Both Ant and Steph have had Grandma telling them for years that I was just the step-mom and that they didn't need to listen or respect me. And try as I do, I can't seem to get past that wall that has been built. They love me....to a point. But to put Mom in a place of honor....not happening. At least not until they become parents and really understand what it is like to love a child.

So, I keep repeating my motto.... It is what it is. I can't change anything. I can't control anything. I won't manipulate anything just to get my way. So....it is what it is. Just wish it didn't hurt so much.

So, I'm hurt. husband is fuming mad. husband loves me so much and anyone who disrespects me or hurts me ends up on his bad list. And his daughter has the #1 spot on the bad list right now.

It doesn't help when she has a bad attitude about our two rule. They are (1) only day the night at friends on Friday & Saturday, (2) be home by midnight on the other nights. That's all we ask of her. We pay her to pick up the dog yard. We provide a cell phone and pay for her car insurance. She has use of the whole house and all that is there. She's welcome to have friends over all the time. And we will gladly feed them and let them have full access to the house. It's a really nice living arrangement.

husband had a talk with her yesterday morning about how she's not independent. You are independent when you pay your way. As long as you are living off of someone - you are dependent on them. And you need to treat them with respect.

For the first month that she was home she did great. She was polite, respectful, she had her friends staying with her at our house. All was good. Then in the middle of May things changed. She started staying away and having attitude. Oh, and I think she's going to lose her job soon.

She's so obsessed with hacky-sack that when she was out a farmers market to do a taste testing job, she got bored and played hacky-sack out in their parking lot. Sounds like an easy way to get fired to me.

I'm ready for my vacation - husband & I are getting in the truck and leaving for 2 weeks. Of course, we already cut out one leg of your trip so that we could put on Steph's party (and she's was a brat through the whole thing).

Will life ever have a happy moment that isn't contaminated with the crud of GFGdom??

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Will life ever have a happy moment that isn't contaminated with the crud of GFGdom??

Yes. It will eventually. It's getting to that part that is so darn hard.

Personally? I'd be hard pressed to even speak to the girl. Actually, since I'm being honest? I would've ripped her up one side and down the other and spit her out! Just who in heaven's name does this girl think she is anyway? Seriously? That she can blatantly disrespect you, who have loved and cared for her as a mother would/should, and believe all is right with the world.........and that is ok? Uh, no. Don't give a squat what grandma filled her head with, the girl isn't stupid. Somewhere along the line when picking battles you decided this one wasn't worth it (at that time) and then just got used to the treatment. But it's wrong. She knows it's wrong. You know it's wrong. and husband knows it's wrong. (which is why he's so furious)

I hope at the very least husband reads her the riot act in such a way she never forgets a single word that came out of his mouth.

Sorry. I'm in bit of a mood tonight and this sort of thing infuriates me anyway.

((hugs))

I'm sorry, that was hurtful, she's a brat. It's not even worth wasting your time and energy on her, if anything be glad she'll be off to college soon and start counting down the days. Think about your vacation - 2 weeks with you and husband- sounds like heaven! Enjoy every moment!