The Heavenly Hawk

Star*

call 911........call 911
I don't know how many of you are spiritual - but this morning I got a call from my girlfriend. Her mother has been at home and she quit her job to take care of her properly, getting a hospice nurse too.

She had kindey failure yesterday and got a morphine shot - they took her home and sung gospel songs in the house, over her bed while she was fading. She passed about an hour later in peace with a smile - I'm sure the heavenly choir was beautiful.

And you know I have rescue rats. I lost my first little girl about 2 weeks ago. Well this morning - the little girl didnt come for morning "lovies"my favorite little girl passed away. Rats are clean, and very smart contrary to popular belief. And I thought to myself .....I wonder if my girlfriends Mom got to enter heaven with my little rat in hand?

Then I was wrapping her in her favorite blanket - and I see a hawk standing in the yard. We never get hawks - with the cat we hardly get birds anymore. And this hawk, huge head, grey belly - dark markings - looked right at me in the window, spread its wings twice, and then took off.

I think he headed for heaven with my little Jwi.

When our son died, there were 2 services - on Christian and one Native. As the men beat the drums and the women danced in ceremonial attire - I looked up and saw the hawk circling above. The chief said it was a good sign - the heavenly hawk took his spirit to the next world.

I think such a sweet little rat deserved the same ride. I'll sure miss them both.

Just looking at things a little different today - for the animals sake.

Hugs
No need to apologize or anything like that - I know they are in a better place because they won't be old, or hurt, or be sick. I just miss them that's all. Rats catch your tears in their little hands and give them back to you as smiles.

Coookie

Star,

This brought tears to my eyes. :( difficult child had 2 mice... Krispy & Creme. Creme was the female, very tiny, and became pregnant. She died during childbirth but had 7 little babies. They looked like peanuts. :)

I did my best to keep them alive, layed them on a piece of rabbit fur, fed them...etc...but one by one they passed, and with each one tears were shed. :( I still have that piece of rabbit fur.

Your little rat did get a ride to Heaven on the wings of that Hawk. All creatures deserve that.

Hugs for your hurting heart.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Hugs Star for your aching heart. They're in a much better place and happy once again. But you will still miss them.

I'm glad the hawk stopped by your house.

Hugs