the hospital is starting to fee a bit too much

kris

<span style='font-size: 11'> <span style='font-family: Georgia'> <span style="color: #000099"> </span> like home.....sigh. slowly i had been getting a bit weaker over the course of the last week. wednesday they really wanted me to go to hospital. i didn't want to. came home & went to sleep. when i woke up i was extremely weak & confused so jarrod & girlfriend too me to hospital.

they admitted me for the weakness & very, VERY high blood pressure. took them a full week to get it under control.

SHEESH, this is getting very old. wouldn't be so bad if i only went in for a night or two, but nooooooooooooooo i always end up staying a minimum of a week & as long as three.

kris
</span> </span>

busywend

Kris, I am so sorry that you ended up back at the hospital, and for the holiday this time. I am wishing for you that there is no need for the hospital for a long time!

:doctor: :nurse:

mstang67chic

Going Green
You sound like my mom and as such I'm going to talk to you like I did to her last week when she was in the hospital....TWICE! She originally went to the ER (because I took her) for body pain and muscle spasms/twitching in her arms and legs. They admitted her because of low blood pressure on a Friday. They figured out that she was having some interactions with her medications and got that cleared up. Tuesday evening I took her home even though she still felt bad but wouldn't tell them because she wanted to go home. :nonono: She was home for a whopping 7 hours before my dad (who is housebound with medical issues of his own)called an ambulance because she was having trouble breathing. Turns out, she had a bit of pneumonia on top of emphasema. Three days and some antibiotics and breathing treatments later, she went home again. Amazingly enough, once she let herself be taken care of and treated.......she feels GREAT! So.........yeah, being in the hospital bites, being away from home bites BUT if you don't take care of it, you're just going to feel that much worse before you're better and you wind up staying longer! :soapbox: **steps down off of box now** Kind of like we tell our kids: If you would do what you're supposed to to begin with, it will be that much easier on yourself!!! **ok....NOW I'm off my soapbox**

Glad you're home and TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF!!! (Don't MAKE me drag that box out again!)

Star*

call 911........call 911
Kris,

Do can you have candy? Would a bag of moose poop help? I was thinking of the sugar rush??

Geeze kid - so sorry to hear you aren't feeling so great. Sometimes the best thing we can admit to ourselves is we can't do it all anymore. Thank GOODNESS for Jarod and girlfriend.

Best wishes for a healthier and happier New Year for you.
(leme know about the moose poop) it's really good.

Hugs
&
Love
Star

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Am sorry Kris..SO is right there along with you - he absolutely refuses to go in what he calls "too early" - yeah much better you stay home and end up staying longer than you need to.

Hope they can get your BiPolar (BP) under control soon..

Marcie

F

flutterbee

Next time, just come here. I have duct tape. Duct tape fixes EVERYTHING. :angel:

Sending good thoughts.

:rudolph:

Fran

Former desparate mom
Sheesh kris you have had a tough year. Hope this is the beginning of an upward turn in your health.

susiestar

Roll With It
kris,

Being in hte hospital stinks. I know. Take care of yourself and go in at the EARLY warning signs. IT will mean a shorter stay.

Love you,

Susie

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Being in hospital definately stinks. No doubt about it.

I had a year that I'd spent all but a few weeks here and there in hospital. My kids were toddlers and that just made it worse. But once I finally got on the mend....Well, let's just say I haven't spent that much time in a hospital since. (and do my best to forget that year lol)

Like Susie said make sure you go in at the early signs. You might still have to be admitted, but it can lead to much shorter stays.

Sending many warm and gentle (((hugs))).

witzend

I have all the Stephanie Plum books on compact disc. Could you stand to listen to them? I'll send them if you want.

kris

<span style='font-size: 11'> <span style='font-family: Georgia'> <span style="color: #000099"> thanks, everyone. this was a frustrating set back for me. i'd been up to a half mile on the :treadmill: every day & now i struggle to make it down the hallway........but i'm working on it. i'm also working on eating more. believe me it's the first time in my life people have told me to EAT MORE :rofl:. i am starting to feel a bit stronger. the other thing i have to if i end up back there is make sure they get me out of bed a few times a day to walk the hall because they haven't done that. my goal is to be back to using my cane instead of needing the walker by the end of next week. small but manageable goals. on the positive side i'm eating better than ever before......apparently just not enough. :hammer:.

witz, thanks for the lovely offer. part of my joy in books is the process ~~~~ actually holding the book & turning the pages. as a matter of fact i'm going to dig my book today & get back to it.

kris
</span> </span> </span>

Kathy813

Staff member
kris,

I hope the new year is a better one for you. You have been through so much. :nurse:

I sent you a PM.

~Kathy