The house is empty of children. Well sort of.

Fran

Former desparate mom
easy child left for his summer job the day after graduation. He is set up for a long hot summer in Orlando then home in time to pack to go off to school.
My baby has left the nest. It's a good thing but there are twinges of concern that I didn't do everything or teach everything but I know this is the way life should go.
It's time for a new chapter for easy child and for me.
It is nice to see that easy child has some initiative to work and be independent. We are pleased at his choices even the one's we don't necessarily agree with.
Maybe it will rub off on difficult child. :slap:

This is going to be a teen free zone for a few months although easy child's friends have already called about meeting for lunch next week. LOL. Maybe it won't be so peaceful yet. :rofl:

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> although easy child's friends have already called about meeting for lunch next week. </div></div>

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

What great friends, Fran. I love it!

I hope easy child has a wonderful "first day of the rest of his life"...and that you and husband have a wonderful kid-free time! :princess:

Suz

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Wow, Fran ! :smile:

I can tell how proud you are of easy child (as you should be). :bravo:

Enjoy the new phase of your life. :flower:

rejectedmom

Wow Fran! I am looking foward to the day I am kidless too! enjoy your "Me and husband" time. Maybe it is time to revisit those old dreams you set on the back burner. -RM

Abbey

Spork Queen
Wow, Fran. Enjoy it while it happens. I'm sure he'll be just fine. :smile: And, you will too.

Abbey

Fran

Former desparate mom
Thanks guys. husband and I aren't pining for a house full of teens again. LOL. We look forward to the next chapter of life with a childless house. Lots of things to do in the next phase.
I think I'll always be nostalgic for the little kid stuff but we have a niece on the way and young nephews yet.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Fran

I'm sure easy child is going to succeed, just as sure as I am that you and husband taught him what he needs to know. You're proud of him, and rightfully so. You have much to be proud of!

Kid free. I'm a bit jealous.

I think by the time I get all mine out own their own I'll probably run screaming thru the house stark naked just cuz I can. :rofl:

Wiped Out

Staff member
How cool that easy child's friends want to have lunch with you-it speaks volumes of what they think of you! Enjoy this time alone with husband!

Lisa-you have me rofl about running through the house stark naked because you can!

K

Kjs

that is such a nice story. My easy child friends would do the same (if they didn't all leave too!) difficult child's friends would never do that. I think they are all afraid of us. lol. difficult child must tell some scarey stories!

Can't imagine a house with no difficult child. Just seems to be a way of life and I am afraid to think of tomorrow, let alone years from now.

Enjoy.

Fran,

I know this must be a bittersweet moment... I honestly don't know how I'll feel when my easy child, my baby, leaves the nest...

ENJOY!!! :smile: It is time for you and husband to do all those things you've always wanted to do... :flower: You are just beginning a new chapter in your lives too...

You've done a great job raising your children. The fact that easy child's friends want to have lunch with you says it all!!!

ENJOY the FREEDOM of a teen free zone while it lasts... A few months really goes by quickly :rofl:... WFEN :flower:

Fran,

Just one more thing... If you're ever really missing the "good old days", I'll be more than happy to ship my kids to Texas for a nice L O N G vist with a "cyber auntie"... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: WFEN

Fran! :smile:

I have been wondering where you were!

It is a bittersweet time, isn't it. You will come to cherish the time you have just to be yourself, or to really come to know husband, the longer the kids are gone.

Life gets to be pretty sweet.

It was good to see your post, Fran.

I must not be going to the same parts of the site you do.

Barbara

:smile:

OpenWindow

Enjoy your new chapter. I'm sure you've done a great job with easy child - he'll do just fine.

PS We were watching a TV show last week and one of the characters said, "If you always do what you always did, you always get what you always got." Both PCs and difficult child turned their heads, looked at me, rolled their eyes and laughed. (I guess I say it a lot, because they give me LOTS of opportunities to say it.) Then difficult child said, "Well, it sounds stupid but it's right."

Your own children may be out of the nest, but you're still influencing children all across the world.

Linda

:bravo:Way To Go easy child!!! :bravo:Way To Go Mom and Dad!!!

What a great time for all of you. We have not been childless yet, but we currently are teen-less and it is nice. Although a 3 yo and an almost 10 yo equal MORE than a teen! LOL!!!

Enjoy this time. I know you taught easy child all the things he needs to survive out there. There is always more things we could have done, but gotta leave some things for them to find out on their own, that is how they grow and become responsible adults.

Congrats and hugs,
Vickie :smile:

DDD

<span style="color: #33FF33"> </span> I'm happy for you! DDD :thumb: <span style="color: #99FF99"> </span> Yes, the words are suppose to be GREEN!

Estherfromjerusalem

Fran, I hope you and husband enjoy this time.

I, too, am feeling green (although I don't know how to make these words green). I can't wait -- CAN'T WAIT -- until my difficult child leaves the house, and easy child too.

You have given them your all. Now enjoy -- you deserve it!

Love, Esther