The illusion of the Internet

donna723

It may be kind of cheating but I've seen pictures of some of you ... if not here, then on facebook. Before that, I always had these mental pictures of what I assumed everybody looked like. There are a few that I was pretty close on and a few that surprised me. It's funny, but the one I would have known anywhere is Fran! Fran looks EXACTLY the way I had always pictured her as looking!

mstang67chic

Going Green
That's me on the bottom left and I believe.....looks closely....thats Step on the top right. :bigsmile:

I wasn't too good about picturing anyone and only had success on two. Linda/Timer I was close....Fran I was right on.

flutterby

Fly away!
Well, I know that none of you look a day over 30, have warm, welcoming smiles, gregarious laughs, but still have the "mommy look" that can get a stranger's kid to shape up.

H

HaoZi

I tend to picture people as their avatars. Think I must be the one holding the camera cuz everyone in the photo is too tall to be me! Thanks to Skype some of us that didn't make the recent trip got to "meet" a couple of the others.

Malika

Now don't be offended (please!) but here are a few idle imaginings:

Haozi has got shoulder length brown hair and smokes
Janet has got short very dark brown hair and is a little... how can I say?... generously endowed
flutterby is very slim and has blonde hair
Insane I find it impossible to picture for some reason!
Step to 2 has got blue eyes
Terry has got brown hair, longish and also blue eyes.

Now, am I right or am I right :)

shellyd67

I know what a few of you look like from facebook. The only person who I was dead on about was Step. She looks exactly what I imagined... (pretty little red head,by the way)

All of you are sexy hot mama's in my humble opinion... We warrior Mom's rock in a different way than regular old Mom's ... LOL

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Fran and Linda (Timerlady) I had dead on. Janet was close, I only got the hair color wrong.

Some people I form a mental picture on, some I just don't..... not sure why. DDD I keep picturing much younger than she is, and Star, well I've always pictured her as she looks right now since she became svelt and glamorous. lol

TerryJ2

Malika, I have shoulder length brown hair, brown eyes and freckles.
I'm only guessing that you have brown hair because of your avatar, and don't even know if that's a stock photo, lol!
Star, all I can see is someone who is always laughing. With her mouth open. :)

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
:rofl:

I have green eyes... DL says hazel, but everyone else says green... And actually I'm a blonde. Right now, and naturally. I do like the red dye, though...

Thanks for the compliments!!!

Malika

Well, half right is... half right, I suppose!
Yes, the avatar is a photo of J but then he's Moroccan and I'm... English. I have short dark blonde hair, for the record!
But let us all keep our illusions... :)

DDD

Well, guys, I was lucky enough to look "somehwat" like the sweet young things pictured at one time. There are days when I look older and on occasion (not often, lol) when I might pass for fifty. difficult child#! told me a couple of weeks ago "Mama on a scale I think you're at least an 8" Then he added, lol, "my other grandmother is a 10 but I love you". How funny is that? My best features are my blue eyes, my smile, and my still young sounding voice. My worst are a full face that is fighting gravity. LOL.

I have only met Sunny and Deb in person. We hooked up once a year for about three years. They both looked close to what I imagined and their personalities were "spot on". When I saw a picture of Suz she looked terrifi..lovelier than I had envisioned. Truthfully I think alot of it is genes. Some of my high school/college friends look so much like they did almost fifty years ago that it reminds me of Audrey Hepburn. Remember her?

Just remembered I also got together with Chris ten years ago or so in Orlando before her passing. She didn't look at all how I anticipated but her personality was exactly what I thought it would be. Interesting. I don't know about the rest of you, lol, but I look a heck of alot better in person than I do in photos. Even as a sweet young thing I was not photogenic. I avoid cameras like the plague. Do you all photo well? Just curious. DDD

KTMom91

Since I've gained weight, I don't photograph as well as I used to. Now I try to camouflage my chins and stomach in pictures, but when I don't think about it and just smile, I look pretty good.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I was a little bit startled when I saw a picture of Star, but it wasn't too far off... I expected REALLY short hair for some reason. Otherwise, she fit my expectations!!!

TimerLady was perfect. And Fran and Suz - well, I'd have known them anywhere. Nancy, too.

I still have people do double takes when I show up somewhere for the kids, though. Apparently someone who sends well-thought-out, intelligent emails with adequate information and informed questions shouldn't be little, blonde, and look younger than 40. I also get knowing looks when people find out I'm the kids' stepmother, as if, oh yes, the Daddy married younger. (In fact... I am older than bio was... My family just ages well, I guess.)

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
DDD the camera hates me, it always has. I have few "good" photos. It doesn't help that my eyes have always been extra sensitive to flash.

flutterby

Fly away!
Before my health changed, I was very slim - a size 4 - but no longer. I am a natural brunette, but have been a red-head since I was 19. Although, right now it's been so long since my last color that you really can't tell. :)

A couple of Devon's friends said I look more like his sister than his mom. I did have him young - at 18 - but that is still quite the compliment.

DDD

Hound, I have very sensitive eyes too. As a child the photographs were fine but something changed once I got to the teens and beyond. Nobody believed me (I think some thought I was faking it for attention, lol) and then I was chosen for a special feature in college. I was flattered but told the people "you really don't want to use me because I don't photograph well". They, of course, replied that their photographer knew how to get the best shots and not to worry. It took FIVE different photo shoots before the found a usable picture. THEN, lol, they believed me. Of course it has gotten worse as I have aged but some of us don't photograph well. Once again we have something in common. DDD