the impact of a dream

Steely

Well, as you guys might have heard on my other posts, my difficult child has been hitting a height of rudeness as of late. Yesterday we had a very intense conversation, that probably lasted an hour. It was in the car, and I actually just kept driving random places, just so he would keep talking. A lot of it was still rudeness filled, but after awhile, the big steel doors came open, and he was really able to talk to me, without anger, and expose his true feelings and fears.

Well, this morning I awake to a child who had:
-gone outside and picked some foliage and put it in a vase on the coffee table
-lit some candles
-was downloading a cd for me
-and trying to find the tea bags to make tea and breakfast for me!!!!!

Sadle, my first spidey sense was - Oh God, what has he done now that he is trying to cover for.......but I was happily surprised. He genuinely was being a big, huge, sweetheart. I was beyond touched, beyond.

He only told me about the dream, just now..........which was mostly a re-enactment of our conversation, but in the end of the dream, I died.
It now makes full circle sense, why he was motivated to "do something nice for mom".
Regardless, it has been literally years since he has done anything like this..........and it just.......well........brings tears to my eyes.

You just never know with these kids. You just never know.

My heart just broke for him.

You know, I got to thinking about this, long after the other thread.

A lot of times, teen boys express hate by showing anger. His could be manifesting his hate for his father, which he would not admit...

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Hold on to this moment, keep it close to your heart.

It'll be one of those things to cling to when difficult child is at his worst. It will remind you that no matter what comes out of his mouth, in his heart he truely cares and loves you.

PS You never know, maybe someone up above was sending difficult child a powerful message.

Hugs

Steely

Yeah, thanks guys............I do think there was something unbelievably omnipotent about this day.

He can be such a big sweetheart..........which is why it breaks my heart when he is such a screwball.

I will definitely cherish this moment. I so know they are far and few between.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Sadle, my first spidey sense was - Oh God, what has he done now that he is trying to cover for.......but I was happily surprised.

GO SPIDEY, GO SPIDEY,

:rofl:

- Kinda like - did you shave another smiley face on the dogs behind? Was the fire department called and I slept through it? JUST how many eyebrows do you have left? ANOTHER TATTOO? You did WHAT with the flowerbeds?

Yeah I'm spiderin' right there with ya

Sorry for laughing but you see I haven't had such a funny moment all day and that was just too close to home.

Steely

Yep, Loan, sad but true. I was right there with you!
WHAT did ya do now????????.......but alas..........finally his sweetie side emerged... if only for a moment.

DammitJanet

LOL...when Cory is nice I always go check to see what is missing in the house!

TV's all here? Check.

DVD players..ok.

Computers, guns, silver...check.

Change? That must be it!

Either that or he wants a ride somewhere.

Seriously, we had a thread going a while back on what anger really was. I started it. I dont know if it is still around or not. Might try searching for it.

witzend

That sounds really nice. You handled the car ride really well.

You know, in context this makes a lot of sense. I have to go the Freudian route here, but it's possible that he's 17 and has a fear of his mom being gone. Do you think he might be able to explore that a little more? You'll always be his mom, but he knows he's growing up, too.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
It is amazing the conversastions that can happen in the car. Glad it was good. So nice to have those special moments when they do something nice for you.

Beth

Sunlight

how heartwarming to read this. we do love our kids, when they give back just even a bit...we well up with gratitude! I am so happy you had this time with him and he showed you his love that is in there someplace.lol