The Joys of Daycare Not!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Little Aubrey has broken out with either impetago or chicken pox. Poor baby is miserable. She has a pretty high fever and some spots. Not many yet but one in her diaper on her bottom has already come to a head.

She's not scratching so I'm pushing Nichole and boyfriend to get her checked at Urgent Care. Her pediatrician doctor doesn't do weekends. Darrin got a nasty case of impetago from the daycare, needed both topical and oral antibiotics. With the not scratching the impetago is possible, especially as we know Darrin got it from daycare. And she's at the stage where it's hard to tell which it is.

And now boyfriend is being a major @ss on the phone and giving Nichole a hard time. Doesn't want to take her into the Urgent Care or get medications. While Nichole is attempting to explain why this is serious.

Oh yeah, boyfriend is such a keeper. :mad:

F

flutterbee

boyfriend is such a jerk. ARGH!!!

This is 3 posts about Impetigo and I don't even know what it is. I guess I'll have to look it up. It doesn't sound pleasant, though.

I hope Aubrey is feeling better soon. I hope Nichole gives boyfriend a swift kick in the rear.

Andy

Poor Aubrey - How can boyfriend be such a selfish jerk? SELFISH SELFISH SELFISH JERK! :angrygirl::angrydude::grrr:

"Hey boyfriend - You get your lazy butt out of bed. This little girl needs to see the doctor NOW!!! You don't know how lucky you are that there is a bus load of CD forum aunties that don't know who you are and where you live. GRRRRRR"

susiestar

Roll With It
So sorry Baby Aubrey is sick!! boyfriend BETTER get up of his patootie or a bunch of us are gonna go give him what for!!!!

Susie

ps. sounds like Nichole is doing a great job taking care of the baby through this, it is hard work, and hard on the heart to have your baby sick. Hugs to Nichole!!

TerryJ2

Oh, poor Aubrey. The only part about being too young to understand it, is that she's so young she'll forget it.
The boyfriend is a major *ss.
Maybe the silver lining is that Nichole will wise up. One can only hope.
So sorry, Lisa.

Steely

Poor pumpkin. My difficult child used to get this ALL of the time. She needs to go to the Dr., because it could also turn into a staph infection, which can be deadly within hours. Tell boyfriend that little fact, and see if it will light his fire.

klmno

I'm sorry, Lisa. I hated it when difficult child was little and had to go to day care- he caught everything (physical stuff and bad habits).

Did they take her to urgent care? I hope so- there are so many things that can cause itchy, bumpy rashes. difficult child caught something wierd a couple of years ago- there is a long name for it but it leaves a rash in a certain pattern on the back and it takes it a couple of weeks to go away. It was wierd, but he got over it.

Anyway, I hope they can find something to relieve this discomfort. Being in diapers, that is awfully young to have to deal with something like this.

Wiped Out

Staff member
I hope poor Aubrey is feeling better soon. As for boyfriend well-I hope by now he has gotten his act together-grrr.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
As of yet, they haven't taken her to urgent care. Nichole couldn't convince boyfriend. :mad:

This afternoon, Aubrey discovered what to do about the itchies. Why, you scratch them of course! But she did get creative about it. She used a diaper wipe and told Nichole she was fixing her boo boos.

The fever has me thinking chicken pox. I don't recall fever with the impetigo. But we need to know not only for Aubrey. The daycare has to be notified. Children's hospital has to be called cuz her surgery for the 3rd will be cancelled. And Aubrey has been around Darrin. Darrin getting either would normally not worry easy child. He's already had the impetigo once from daycare. BUT he goes to his other grandmother's to be watched on sunday nights. This grandmother has a 5 yr old daughter AND babysits for Darrin's 2 month old cousin. easy child needs to know what he's been exposed to. She's ready to make heads roll.

I jumped Nichole about not going to the urgent care when she came home. She's going to work on boyfriend again in the morning. Maybe if he's up all night with her tonight what Nichole's been telling him will have more weight. If not, easy child is ready to drag Nichole and the baby to urgent care.

susiestar

Roll With It
ARGGGGG! STupid boyfriend. I bet if HE had a rash like that he would go to urgent care!!!

I guess using the baby wipe to scratch with is better than little fingernails. It also is a cute visual!

Keep us posted so if we need to go jump bff behind the building we can. Then he can take Aubrey to urgent care with him! (Insert evil smile here)

Did Nichole ever ask you for a ride to urgent care? Or one of her siblings?? Or anyone else since boyfriend is a stupid weaselfaced jerk? Or another friend?? She needs to build up some resources so she can get to these things. Part of me wonders if maybe she keeps the relationship going with boyfriend because she fears she won't be able to get Aubrey where she needs to go if she breaks up with boyfriend. So maybe if she can get a few supportive friends then she would feel more comfortable with-o the boyfriend relationship. (I realize she also needs her driver's license, a car, insurance, etc..., but seh just may not feel she is in control of her impulses enough to drive, or may be scared of it for one reason or another. Maybe you can use this kind of situation to help push her gently to the drvers license examiner?)

Hugs, it must stink to see Aubrey so miserable! With impetigo I don't know if soaking in a bath is a good idea, but I do suggest oatmeal baths. I use a widowed sock and jsut dump reg. oatmeal in it. You can grind up the oats in the blender or food processor and dump them in like an Aveeno packet. I worry it will clog the drains though. With a little one, the oatmeal filled sock - not instant oatmeal, esp flavored! - is great fun to squish and to swish around. My kids loved it, and it really saved $$$.)

Susie