The joys of government agencies

mstang67chic

Going Green
So...back in April, I lost my job. A few weeks later (I know, WHY did I wait so long....busy) I drove to the unemployment office to file for unemployment. I KNOW the lady told me that I would get my first voucher in the mail and then I could do them online after that. (with a completely non-confusing system no less *snort*) All this time, I've got NOTHING. I have been calling all week to try to talk to someone to find out what's going on and haven't been able to get through. Yesterday, I FINALLY get ahold of the most talkative and uninformed person on the freaking planet. I gave her my soc. number, explained that I wanted to check on the status of my claim and that's all it took.....she was off and running. She "informed" me that I have a back log of vouchers because I never filled any out so I must have gone back to work and then stopped again. The entire time she's looking things up and telling me what's going on in my life, I'm trying like crazy to get a word in. (No I.....Oh well......But....Do I......siiiiiiiiiigh) I was so fed up with calling them all week and then her being so "helpful" that I finally just interrupted her and said that if I could get a word in edgewise, I would explain the situation. Dead silence and you could just hear her face go all pruney. I felt a bit guilty and apologized for being so crabby but actually I didn't care. If she would have quit assuming stuff and just shut up for one second, I could have done this more politely.

So now I get the joy of spending money I don't really have for gas to drive 30 miles to straighten this mess out.

Do we have a bail fund set up anywere?

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Ya know, the government is just full of really great ideas and p-poor implementations of them.

Then again, if there weren't so many people who abused them, maybe there'd be less hoops to jump thru to get help.

I dunno...

Wish I had an answer, but I'll I've got is a hug. Its yours if you want it.

<hug>

mstang67chic

Going Green
I went and I'm pretty sure I got the same person that I spoke with on the phone. I got it all straightened out and yes, should be getting a nice first check. Which is good........I can use it for the tow bill.

Got in there, got done and went back to the car to leave.......it wouldn't start. My starter took a dive. Fortunately every once in a blue moon I break down in very convenient spots. My neighbor works basically across the street from the unemployment office. He came over and tried to get it started but the starter is completely shot. I had a tow truck come get it and take it back to my house and then caught a ride home with my neighbor.